smooth

Boro, is there a chip on their shoulder?

Just reading the article from the pinkun referring to the fans post following our victory earlier this year, it seems there my be some decent bite to the game Saturday.

Obviously the play off final result at Wembley, an ex-player, an under achieving club and astute manager could mean this is going to be a really good contest.

Is it a good game to have just after an international break? Well it seems that a few of our boys got game time but most of the group, without duty, had a short break and then back to Colney to prepare. There are no easy games after an international break, but in particular this is one that can really prove that.

This is going to be a tough challenge and they will want to think they can catch us cold.

It has been quiet out of Colney and any sound bite is noting nothing is achieved yet and that we are in a good position. I think that is perfect preparation.

How we apply it will be great to see on Saturday.

I cannot see any changes to the team if all things are as before the break, but hopefully we can see a performance which shows that the break never happened.

They will be up for this, we need to concentrate and bring a calmness to the game, before being clinical and fast paced when the time is right. Cannot wait for it and feel it is the right game after the break where we will be truly tested

If we get three points from this game my natural caution with regards a bit of a stutter now we approach the run-in will have dissipated somewhat.

I'm not surprised they have a chip on their shoulder, they are in danger of  crashing out of the playoff if they lose to us. From Forest upwards, every team is in with a shout of a playoff place, and boros form has not been good recently. I'm not at all surprised that they are fearing the game with us, just as we are looking forward to maintaining our momentum.

Smooth, I think this game is a good one for us after the break. Boro are in the play off positions for a reason - they're a decent team. But....that means the team know they have to produce a top performance. No complacency. The break gave a decent period of time  to reflect. At the press conference today Farke spoke about the fact we are in the final run-in, that his team are "totally prepared". 

Interesting again that our game falls later in the day. 

This is as big a game for Boro as it is for us.  Derby, Villa and Preston all have winnable games and will overtake them before we kick off at 5.30, so the pressure will be on them to regain their place in the top 6 and avoid a 4th successive defeat.  Their home form isn't that great, although they don't concede many.  I can't see there being many goals, but I think we'll win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woodman said:

This is as big a game for Boro as it is for us.  Derby, Villa and Preston all have winnable games and will overtake them before we kick off at 5.30, so the pressure will be on them to regain their place in the top 6 and avoid a 4th successive defeat.  Their home form isn't that great, although they don't concede many.  I can't see there being many goals, but I think we'll win.

100% agree

Ironically it was Boro that we played after the first international break of the season , the other side of the 1-1 draw at Ipswich.

I don't know what happened during that 2 week break but we emerged the other side a team that suddenly looked a coherant side with every player comfortable on the ball....we won it 1-0 at it was the start of the climb up the table.

Yes it looks a tough game but as ever if we can get our game going , we fear nobody ,especially on the road, possibly even moreso on the road. We have a method away from home, we just need to undertake it once again

Having done what we did at Elland Rd , no away fixture should phase us.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Virtually everyone in my office is a Middlesbrough fan and they are a good set of fans (but pretty negative!). That fan on the youtube clip outside Carrow Road was just a fool and not representative of most of their fans

Pretty much every one of them is expecting a loss tomorrow. They are resigned to falling out of the playoffs and losing to us. Personally, I don't think either is a given and I (unfortunately) predict a draw tomorrow.

They were prepared to put up with Pulis style early in the season, when he was getting results. Now, they are looking forward to the season ending and him leaving without his contract being renewed.

Was always a questionable appointment in Pulis

He spent a decade with 3 clubs in Stoke,Palace and WBA keeping teams up in the premier league....getting to 40 pts each season and then putting his feet up. Commendable maybe...but the mentality between doing that and needing to go out week , week out and winning every week to gain automatic promotion is a world away.

Yes, they might stink their way to a playoff place but as we saw last season where they meekly went out to Villa in the semis by losing both games 0-1 (I think?)...they wouldnt have the goals in them to negotiate their way past 2 teams over 3 games

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Was always a questionable appointment in Pulis

He spent a decade with 3 clubs in Stoke,Palace and WBA keeping teams up in the premier league....getting to 40 pts each season and then putting his feet up. Commendable maybe...but the mentality between doing that and needing to go out week , week out and winning every week to gain automatic promotion is a world away.

Yes, they might stink their way to a playoff place but as we saw last season where they meekly went out to Villa in the semis by losing both games 0-1 (I think?)...they wouldnt have the goals in them to negotiate their way past 2 teams over 3 games

The locals are pretty certain that even if they made the playoffs they'd go out (despite their respectable results against top 6 thus far). They simply want the season over and to "go again".

One colleague (always negative - but a season ticket holder) even suggests it will be 3-0 city within the first 20 minutes. Obviously, I'd take that but don't for a second think that will happen. A win, any win, will do. Even a draw is decent.

7 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Virtually everyone in my office is a Middlesbrough fan and they are a good set of fans (but pretty negative!). That fan on the youtube clip outside Carrow Road was just a fool and not representative of most of their fans

I like AJT, very entertaining,  nothing wrong with a bit of passion, trouble is, he thinks playing well and winning are the same thing. Can't accept that you can lose while still giving it your best. I think that I was like that when I was 12... oh.

54 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The locals are pretty certain that even if they made the playoffs they'd go out (despite their respectable results against top 6 thus far). They simply want the season over and to "go again".

Trouble is, their parachute payments run out this year, "going again " will not be easy without the finances to back it up. 

Looking at the Boro's board most seem resigned to another year in TC re todays game fans don't seem very interested with some going fishing other getting a DVD they have had  enough of boring football