Sign in to follow this  
Nelly

🤔 Alternative Championship Team of the Year?

That seems rather like a ‘northern’ team of the year to me - barely anyone outside that region - even the lad James was due to be at Leeds on loan from January....

• Like 1

3 Leeds and 3 Blades makes me wonder if our players don't qualify because of injuries and they've not played enough games. 

Top scorers and top of the League has to count for something. Oh well, I guess we'll have to make do with the title. 😎

• Like 3

Must be a Leeds fan!

@Splendid Rush yeah, I think he’s looking at consistency of appearances. City have had injuries and a large squad with competition for places. 

Maybe in an alternative, alternative version there are 8 Norwich players 😃

Had players like Leitner or Vrancic played all year then they'd surely be in with a shout with these. Not sure how they've missed Buendia though.

Not to mention we have about 4 players younger than Harry Wilson that should be ahead of him for the running of YPOTS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Had players like Leitner or Vrancic played all year then they'd surely be in with a shout with these. Not sure how they've missed Buendia though.

Not to mention we have about 4 players younger than Harry Wilson that should be ahead of him for the running of YPOTS.

Not playing all year hasn't stopped them putting Harvey Barnes in and giving Jack Grealish an 'honourable mention' . 

Then it is a Sun owned publication. 

Out team is more than the sum of its parts, most of these teams of the season  are just some numptys dream team. They're yawnworthy.

55 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

3 Leeds and 3 Blades makes me wonder if our players don't qualify because of injuries and they've not played enough games. 

Top scorers and top of the League has to count for something. Oh well, I guess we'll have to make do with the title. 😎

Just having a trunk at appearance stats this season to compare where our boys sit...

Krul 38
James 37(1)
Randolph 37
Stevens 37
Adams 35(3)
Phillips 35
Norwood 35
O’Connell 35
Pukki 35
Lewis 34
Aarons 33
Buendia 30(3)
Cooper 30
P Hernandez 29(2)
O Hernandez 26(6)
Barnes 26

🧐 nice work! The difference between the top 11 is pretty marginal! 

I can understand dropping City defenders as our GA is not great but there should definitely be some more yellow in there somewhere!

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That seems rather like a ‘northern’ team of the year to me - barely anyone outside that region - even the lad James was due to be at Leeds on loan from January....

The James in that team is Reece James, the Wigan RB, not Daniel James, the Swansea winger. So yes, the "Northern" comment is apt enough. However, I'd say 7 of the selections are reasonable enough picks: Randolph, Cooper, O'Connell, Stevens, Hernandez, Norwood, Pukki.