Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

players in huddle before kick-Off

i wonder what they said????

huddles imo are stupid... in American football they are used to discuss plays in formation.. in football they are used to make urself look stupid when u get hammered

jas :)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]looks like players have been treated to a shrink session this week.
[/quote]

Next week they''re going to do the Hakka

It''s almost like you want them to lose. If a huddle makes them feel good and works then I''m all for it!

[quote user="morty"]It''s almost like you want them to lose. If a huddle makes them feel good and works then I''m all for it![/quote]

"what a difference it has made, what a difference it has made"

im not being smug about it.. it just seems somehwat "scripted" after last weeks game.. the players saying "lets show solidarity, show we are behind nigel" and playing like they dont believe in the message.

[quote user="morty"]I find being smug about your beloved football team losing somewhat bizarre.[/quote]

It''s not a question of being smug, I don''t like it anymore than you. The difference is that we all know what the problem is and it''s going to require a hell of a lot more than a huddle before the start of the game to put things right.

Making plans, you really know what the problem is, do you? I can assure you it''s not all Nigel''s fault! Maybe you should apply for his job when and if he goes.

[quote user="morty"]Making plans, you really know what the problem is, do you? I can assure you it''s not all Nigel''s fault! Maybe you should apply for his job when and if he goes.[/quote]

I would, but do you really want a 57 year old whinger who knows nothing about football managing your team ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if we get relegated will it "not be nigels fault" morty?

[/quote]

Not his alone, no 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so you accept it will be partly his fault?

[/quote]

Of course I do but underperforming players must share the blame too, unfortunately they can''t be sacked so it''s the manager that always pays the price.

but if the players are under performing then why doesnt he replace them... the youth team and Reserves will be eager to impress, want to do well, and should be given a chance... he is obviously happy with his 1st team and their performance levels... which is shocking

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Of course I do but underperforming players must share the blame too, unfortunately they can''t be sacked so it''s the manager that always pays the price.

[/quote]

And who buys, picks and motivates said players Morty?

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And who buys, picks and motivates said players Morty?

[/quote]

Do you really think that every player pulling on the shirt at the moment is playing to his full potential? I think thats it''s significant that we haven''t been able to pick the same side 2 weeks running due to injuries, I still stand by the statement that, if fully fit, we have the best squad in the division. Nigel doesn''t want to blame injuries but they are a telling factor. And as for the point about youth team, you don''t give youngsters their debut in a team thats playing poorly, it puts too much pressure on young shoulders. 

if your Nigel u dont give youngsters a game in a good team either... too much pressure on their shoulders id expect

IT WAS THE HUDDLE THAT ONE IT!

I''ve been feeling a bit down recently, lacking in confidence, not

feeling my usual self - mainly because city have been 

playing  so bad, I wonder if I could do with a huddle to put me

straight!it obviously works wonders

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]IT WAS THE HUDDLE THAT ONE IT!

I''ve been feeling a bit down recently, lacking in confidence, not feeling my usual self - mainly because city have been  playing  so bad, I wonder if I could do with a huddle to put me straight!it obviously works wonders

[/quote]

Nice one mate, I reckon the huddle did it!!!!