splutcho

Wigan - Sold Out

I know the tickets were cheap, but shifting 5000 of them 9 hours into a general sale is no mean feat. Hats off to everyone making the effort.

Screenshot_20190326-174446_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Damn, they sold out quick, I had to wait for the general sale as one of us who will go didn't have enough away points to get priority, glad I didn't wait till I got home!

Terrific support regardless of price - 8 hours of travelling, on a Sunday with a midday kick off. And it's on sky!

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Terrific support regardless of price - 8 hours of travelling, on a Sunday with a midday kick off. And it's on sky!

Agreed, respect all round. 👍

16 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Could Wigan offer us some more?

If you look at anything Norwich have commented they have always insisted that they negotiated the maximum possible allocation, so although it would be great I fear not. Could this become a Colchester or MK Dons moment ( at their old hockey stadium ) where there were as many in the home end as there normally is at an away game ?

That is pretty amazing for a dead early start (for most).  Maybe some are seeing it as the game we seal promotion, but it feels a bit too early for that even if things go our way.

Unlikely to be promoted at Wigan but just like 2010, once people feel something special is about to happen, they'll get on board. 

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That is pretty amazing for a dead early start (for most).  Maybe some are seeing it as the game we seal promotion, but it feels a bit too early for that even if things go our way.

Is this similar to when we first hit the big time with Ron Saunder's team away at Watford all those years ago?

We took over the terraces, I was there.

Awful game, but we got the result.

re Watford: went with my dad and stayed at my uncle's house who lived in London and had a color TV. Not sure what I was more impressed with, the game (poor but who cares?) or watching horse racing in color!