Scored 2 on his debut for Ireland U21s today. Also premiership top scorer on my fm19 save 😂

Hopefully he gets a loan to good club next season as really want to see what he can do in men's football, looks built for it already.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Wait for it, Man U will be offering £10 mill for him.... according to the Sunday Stun.

Was already rumoured a year or so ago that Jose saw him as a long term Zlatan type player. 

Well with Southgate debuting an 18 years old player for England is it too much to aspire to having Idah in the squad for next season even if we are promoted? Doubt it,  and a rather fanciful suggestion I suppose as even the England player (s?) have yet to reach full squad level with their club(s?) I know Rice has played for the Hammers but believe the other two have yet to be blooded.

If we fail to reach the Promised Land would he automatically warrant a place in the squad in any case? If any manager is likely to promote him in such a way it would be  Farke.

These are just questions, not really suggestions as I have never seen the kid play, but he does seem something really special by all accounts.

Young Morris was coming along nicely, I am also wondering about his future, for next season at least, should he be able to pick up where he left off before his injury.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Young Morris was coming along nicely, I am also wondering about his future, for next season at least, should he be able to pick up where he left off before his injury.

In league 1

I would imagine we'd look to cash in on Morris if we get promoted.

If we are still in the Championship then Idah might get a sniff but if we're promoted I'd be very surprised if the club don't look at a loan move to assist his development, with an eye on the first team in the 2021/22 season.

The Academy production line certainly looks like it's rolling along nicely at this moment in time; long may it continue.

Glad someone picked up on Idah's performance - two well taken and "intelligent movement" goals proving he has more than just skill and goal poaching to offer.  I'm a bit concerned about Pukki's performances right now - he seems to be avoiding the onion bag.  Should Idah be worth a shout if Pukki and Rhodes don't hit the back of the net soon?

Re:  Pukki. He, above all others needed a rest this international break but unfortunately it was not to be.

During games he always gives 100% effort and he has had an enormous amount of game time recently. The fatigue is plain to see at times and it seems, at the moment, that this toil has blunted him slightly when getting the kind of chances he was putting away with aplomb earlier in the season. It is thin margins but to rest him at the moment is unthinkable. 

He needs some decent game management though and it would be wise for Farke to haul the player off in the event that a game is in the bag a decent time before the final whistle. No doubt the club will have more sophisticated methods of relaxing the player, either through training time commitments or time off.

I think that inclusion in the squad for Idah could be premature, either this season or next if we go up, but you never know with Farke. As I said, Southgate is pointing the way re:youth involvement.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Pukki isn't scoring at the rate we've become accustomed to but he is still involved in the goals we are scoring. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but whilst he may have only scored one in five he's bagged at least three assists hasn't he? Maybe more.

So four goals OR assists in five games isn't bad going by anyone's standards.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Glad someone picked up on Idah's performance - two well taken and "intelligent movement" goals proving he has more than just skill and goal poaching to offer.  I'm a bit concerned about Pukki's performances right now - he seems to be avoiding the onion bag.  Should Idah be worth a shout if Pukki and Rhodes don't hit the back of the net soon?

I don't see how Rhodes can be expected to score if he's not on the pitch! When was the last time he appeared?

• Like 1

Has Idah signed pro terms with us yet? I saw a few of the other lads like Spryou did bit Idah was not mentioned, which I found very odd. Have I missed something? 

I thought he signed for 2 years last summer Clint. We'd want to get him signed for longer this summer though. Think Spyrou and Alfie Payne signed at the same time. Spyrou is now on loan at Wrexham for the rest of this season.

On 24/03/2019 at 20:42, Hucks6 said:

Oles reign will soon be over

it matters little who their manager is, or whether there is actually any interest at all

...it is the Sun

Intelligent forward, understands what is the right run, uses his body well to shield the ball, eye for goal and a finisher.

He should be training with Pukki, Rhodes and the first team strikers as he is developing quickly. I trust Farke and the team to utilise his skills well but he is looking a great talent that we must make the most of.

I would definitely give Idah minutes this season IF we nail promotion/title with games remaining. Let’s give the kid a shot to showcase his obvious talents. It’s worth remembering our ‘third’ choice Srbeny is currently injured. Is it too soon? Well, look at what the rest of the kids have done with their chance - they have responded emphatically! It’s an absolute no brainer for me.

I'd definitely hope Idah gets a full season out on loan next year if we get promoted - League 1 or possibly Championship would seem the obvious choice but it has to be the right club - I wonder if a season in Germany would do him good - Bundesliga 2 is clearly a league that produces gifted players and presumably a lot of the philosophies they employ there in training and tactics are close to what Farke is looking to instil at Norwich, so that might be a better proving ground than an English club that plays in a different way?

Although saying that if he's ready to step up out of the blue like Aarons was at the start of this season then why not have him as an option off the bench? Next year's striker situation will be interesting to say the least if we're promoted... Nothing against Srbeny but given he hasnt really done much in the Championship it's hard to see him having much of a role if we're in the top flight next season and I know some people will disagree but I'm not 100% sold on signing Rhodes permanently either (He's clearly a great figure in the dressing room and that alone might well be reason enough to sign him, but on the pitch he's not done *that* much if we're ruthlessly honest, hasnt come close to dislodging Pukki in recent weeks even when Pukki's form has dipped, and was nowhere near the pace last time he was in the Prem). Idah could be the solution...? 

Rhodes's goals have secured some valuable points.

To say that he "Hasn't done much" is facile and incorrect.

He has justified the cost, where every goal counts.

On 27/03/2019 at 01:57, BroadstairsR said:

Rhodes's goals have secured some valuable points.

To say that he "Hasn't done much" is facile and incorrect.

He has justified the cost, where every goal counts.

Not questioning his signing on loan this season at all Broadstairs - I was sceptical at the start of the season and he's proved me wrong, he's contributed some essential goals and secured us vital points earlier in the campaign.  Having said that, I'm still on the fence about whether making him a permanent acquisition next season is a good move - He's only scored once in the last 4 1/2 months and hasn't been able to dislodge Pukki from the first XI even when his goalscoring form has slipped a bit, and looked well off the pace last time he tried his luck in the Premiership.  It may be he goes and scores another 4 or 5 goals for us between now and the end of the season and signing him becomes a no-brainer - I hope that's the case, it would be fantastic - but if not then the club has to think about whether Rhodes has found his level in the Championship and we need to consider other options for a higher division - Possibly Idah among them.

On 26/03/2019 at 12:57, Alex Moss said:

It’s worth remembering our ‘third’ choice Srbeny is currently injured. 

Is he?  I missed that. What's he done?  Rhodes can't play v Sheff Wed, so maybe Idah's chance will come? Or will Farke stick with his squad and play Stiepermann up top with MacLean in the 10 role & Leitner or Vrancic in midfield.

I don't remember seeing anything about that either. Presumed he was missing out on the bench because Leitner and Vrancic were back fit and it's obviously not worth wasting a foreign player space on a guy that is unlikely to get on.

I can't see us signing Rhodes if we go up, we brought him in as a quality striker in the Championship, for a Team that finished mid table last season. A bit of quality at this level to help us push on, no one predicted that Pukki would storm this League and has left Rhodes benched for most of the season.  Of course Rhodes won't come cheap either and I'm sure SW/DF will have identified a better option for the Premiership should we get there. 

On 25/03/2019 at 12:31, canarydan23 said:

Pukki isn't scoring at the rate we've become accustomed to but he is still involved in the goals we are scoring. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but whilst he may have only scored one in five he's bagged at least three assists hasn't he? Maybe more.

So four goals OR assists in five games isn't bad going by anyone's standards.

Pukki doesn't need a rest - he's flying. Did you not see the assist he got for Finland - a backheel, a sprint for the return ball and a cross/shot for a tap in. Absolutely superb. Footballers don't need a rest when they're winning games.

• Like 1