Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

So, who’s going to Boro ?

I’m sure DF will be putting the international break to good use but it’s feeling like a long time between games!

5.30pm Saturday for a long trek from Norwich when it’s on TV....

Curious about who’s going to make it?

I've managed to arrange lunch with friends up near Leeds so it’s not too much of a trek on from there for 5.30, and I only have to get back to Notts after.,, kudos to those doing the full round trip 👍😎

• Like 1

Interesting to know how many fans likely to turn out, we could make a big difference! Fortunately live in the north only 30 miles for us!

It's a 4 hour drive from Swindon whilst I Drive 31/2  Hours to a home match at Carrow Road, but after saying that, I'm giving this one a miss !

23 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Giving this one a swerve. 5.30 when it's on TV and I'd have to drive up there on my own.

The shame of being a part timer is almost too much to bear....:classic_blush:

Pencilled in for the last seven though.

No shame needed Smithy, my last game was Leicester at home nearly 3 1/2 years ago, mind you, a 27 hour flight and another 3 hour drive from Heathrow has to be worth some brownie points. 

4 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

No shame needed Smithy, my last game was Leicester at home nearly 3 1/2 years ago, mind you, a 27 hour flight and another 3 hour drive from Heathrow has to be worth some brownie points. 

Living on the Moon does I suppose raise some logistical questions in deciding whether or not to spash out on a season ticket....😀

23 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I am - I live quite close to Boro.

Last time I went we lost 4-0....

OTBC

I also live in the area - about 30 minutes from 'Boro - and will be there too. I was also at the 4-0 game; I hope we're not unlucky omens.

I'll be taking my son and a couple of visiting family members to the game.

I'll be making every game I can between here and the end of season, already got tickets for Boro, QPR, Reading, Wigan.

Also found a good deal on a Travel lodge not far from the Riverside to ease the pain of a 3 hours journey.

19 hours ago, treacletown07 said:

Surely all those that whinged about the selling of the Rotherham tickets will be going?

Last time I looked it’s a fair way from Rotherham to Middlesbrough.,,

but as a definite Rotherhsm ticket winger I can confirm I’m going.  I was lucky enough to get a Rotherham ticket too, at the last minute 😎👍

My Dad and Uncle are both going.  They are both in their 70s and unable to stand for long periods so if you are there and 2 old boys ask if you don't mind sitting so they can see, or swapping seats with them so they are nearer the front please be kind 👍

That’s 46 going - a few old fellows like me who remember the nest, somebodies dog and a pigeon from Nottingham, a few more needed! 

I should think there will be a fair few coaches and cars going up - it might seem a long way, but the timing of the match helps that imo. Yes it means a late night, but it means a more relaxed journey up there, without rushing to get there for 3.00.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Anyone got any ideas about parking?  I've looked online and the consensus seems to be park in the town centre and walk (about 15 minutes).

Yes. That's about right - I've asked the locals and they suggest to first look at France Car Park (near Cineworld) but I'm told that fills up early. If that is full, Wood Street Car Park is a good shout, but there are various other options in that vicinity (mostly south of the A66). They would have also suggested Zetland Car Park but looking at the times, it will close before you will get back to the car.

At last count 155 going , 2 dogs, a sheep, a pigeon from Nottingham and a defecting Ipswich supporter!!