Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pukki starts for Finland

Haha. Sorry, not trying to be a **** or anything, just surprised you've not heard of anyone else. There's quite a few big names in that Italy side!

Yep, closed body ,outside of right foot, should have been open body, inside of left. But i havent scored 24 league goals so far this season.

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, closed body ,outside of right foot, should have been open body, inside of left. But i havent scored 24 league goals so far this season.

He’s not scored in 3, I believe - could do with him getting his touch back (along with staying injury free!)

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Pukki missed a golden chance and lost the ball for Italy to score their second before coming off !

He's prioritising promotion. Nothing to see here. move along now.

• Haha 1

He is bit off from the form that he was during Nation's league matches, would've most likely scored on that one chance otherwise. But he did extremely well to help build that chance.

What is very positive though, is that there were some of the world's best defensive players playing against him and he actually seemed to do quite a well against them. Being able to do keep on doing his smart runs and getting onto ball as well (of course as others have told, there was not that much of service to real scoring chances). Just little bit more support to the view that he would do very well against Premier sides as well.

Let's hope he'll get to the scoresheet today against Armenia though!

Maybe a little controversial, but I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him get a rest against Boro on Saturday, and starting with Jordan Rhodes. I really think it would benefit him and us to get a weeks break to freshen him up for the final games, I’m concerned these frequent internationals on top of relentless league matches must surely be coming at a price now, that’s the indication I’m getting now anyway, and I would rather he got a week or 2’s rest to refresh and recharge for those final crucial games than lose him to injury for the vital last leg of the season. He’s a great player for us even when he’s not scoring, but I think a little break could do him the world of good, and I have faith that Jordan would not let us down despite Teemu’s phenomenal form this season. Fingers crossed Pukki doesn’t play 90 minutes tonight, it’s time to give him a short break for the greater good.

Edited by Alex Moss
Making my terrible grammar even worse
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Maybe a little controversial, but I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him get a rest against Boro on Saturday, and starting with Jordan Rhodes. I really think it would benefit him and us to get a weeks break to freshen him up for the final games, I’m concerned these frequent internationals on top of relentless league matches must surely be coming at a price now, that’s the indication I’m getting now anyway, and I would rather he got a week or 2’s rest to refresh and recharge for those final crucial games than lose him to injury for the vital last leg of the season. He’s a great player for us even when he’s not scoring, but I think a little break could do him the world of good, and I have faith that Jordan would not let us down despite Teemu’s phenomenal form this season. Fingers crossed Pukki doesn’t play 90 minutes tonight, it’s time to give him a short break for the greater good.

If he’s fit and ready to play he needs to start vs Boro.

Scored less lately but his contribution has still been vital in each game and we don’t want to be saying ‘what if Pukki had played against Boro’ at the end of the season.