Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Canaries Bond holders

Really want them to go up !

The bond will pay 5% gross interest annually, with an additional 3% gross in club credit, and investors will be paid a one-off 25% bonus if the Club is promoted during the lifetime of the bond.

Edited by SwindonCanary

So we could be in the money. Would come in handy but the knowledge we helped fund this amazing season is the greatest reward.

• Like 1

Probably explains why Webber said last week that there will not be too much money in the summer to spend in the transfer market.😜

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

So we could be in the money. Would come in handy but the knowledge we helped fund this amazing season is the greatest reward.

I thought it was spent on bricks and mortar at Colney for the redevelopment of the facilities.

6 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

What could be the total payout ? Enough to buy a keeper ?

£1.25m for the ‘bonus’. So not nothing, but not a season changing amount of money. I suspect Delia and MWJ own a significant amount of the £5m worth of bonds and may not take their ‘bonus’, or put it straight back into the club. 

I’d completely forgotten about this. Thanks for reminding me NN. Hopefully it will be just in time for my holiday!

• Like 1

I invested with no expectation that we would be getting promoted within 5 years.
What a wonderful season we're having though and if the investment into the youth is helping to find the next Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons then I'm pleased to have invested.

That being said I wouldn't say no to a nice 25% bonus.

On a side note, anybody know how the 3% Club Credit works, I still haven't worked out how I will get it?

19 hours ago, Andy G said:

I invested with no expectation that we would be getting promoted within 5 years.
What a wonderful season we're having though and if the investment into the youth is helping to find the next Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons then I'm pleased to have invested.

That being said I wouldn't say no to a nice 25% bonus.

On a side note, anybody know how the 3% Club Credit works, I still haven't worked out how I will get it?

'On a side note, anybody know how the 3% Club Credit works, I still haven't worked out how I will get it?'

ditto

On 20/03/2019 at 22:09, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

£1.25m for the ‘bonus’. So not nothing, but not a season changing amount of money. I suspect Delia and MWJ own a significant amount of the £5m worth of bonds and may not take their ‘bonus’, or put it straight back into the club. 

I have a vague recollection (with emphasis on the word vague) someone saying at the time of the bond (possibility Steve Stone) that they wouldn’t be disclosing the levels of investments by the Board. Certainly not mentioned in the Year End accounts 😉