Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Hitler's dismay at Leeds loss to Sheffield

I’m hoping someone will do one for the Ipswich supporting Adolf when he finds out what’s happened this season 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I love the Hitler Parodies. When my dog died they were the only thing which made me laugh - I sat through the whole of the pile of **** which was "The Thirty Nine Steps" with barely a smile, but "Hitler rings an Indian Call Centre" and "Steiner brings back a vuvuzela" made me LOL.

13 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m hoping someone will do one for the Ipswich supporting Adolf when he finds out what’s happened this season 😁

Normally I would agree with you but our German friends tend to lose their sense of humour when it comes to Hitler. I think they would find it quite offensive 

• Like 1

Normally I would agree with you but our German friends tend to lose their sense of humour when it comes to Hitler. I think they would find it quite offensive 

Difficult one. I would rather they laughed at themselves than take it too seriously. As long as they are mindful and contrite about what happened then parodies like this might help to heal some wounds.

• Like 1

Bad language ?
It's in German... and it doesn't mean what the text states anyway !!

12 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Difficult one. I would rather they laughed at themselves than take it too seriously. As long as they are mindful and contrite about what happened then parodies like this might help to heal some wounds.

I have a close friend who is German. She has a wonderful sense of humour but that doesn't include Adolf. They are deeply ashamed of that part of their history and just making a **** salute is a criminal offence there. 

I would hate to upset any of the Germans in our club but I suppose that the film does lend itself to a Hiltler supporting Ipswich. Especially the bit where he sends nearly everyone out of the room leaving the 3 oldest ones with him. 

Would everyone who has never seen us beat Norwich please leave the room... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Would everyone who has never seen us beat Norwich please leave the room...

😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This thread is disrespectful to our coach and players. 

So were so many threads earlier in the season..

• Like 1

On 18/03/2019 at 20:33, FenwayFrank said:

The Lambert stuff could be beautiful if done properly...

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This thread is disrespectful to our coach and players. 

Come off it, this is a common meme. I doubt anyone German finds it offensive so common is the meme. You dont need to be offended on peoples behalf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

So were so many threads earlier in the season..

Yes there were, and generally related to football issues. But if we are serious about welcoming our German friends to our club we should consider it time to drop all the N azi jokes. Otherwise our German folks might think our welcome is not so sincere. 

7 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Come off it, this is a common meme. I doubt anyone German finds it offensive so common is the meme. You dont need to be offended on peoples behalf

They find it both offensive and hurtful to be reminded of their N azi past. 

I understand that. However, this is a film that was released years ago...by a German/Austrian production company. The performance of Bruno Ganz is widely acclaimed but this particular scene has been used for almost as long to parody numerous situations and events. 

I genuinely don’t see how adding subtitles that portray AH as a Leeds fan would be particularly galling for anyone, German or not. 

I mean, while we all hope that we never see anything like the regime again, the conflict itself has been the subject of what must be hundreds of films and documentaries. Should we ban them all? Perhaps we should ban written accounts too? Or we could burn all the books...

Beyond me how this could be offensive when all those threads belittling Farke, his staff and our German players seemed to be acceptable. I know which would offend me more...