Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Moritz interview

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-moritz-leitner-debt-to-daniel-farke-and-championship-leaders-1-5943793

Looks genuine to me - not just trotting out the party line - & encouraging that he doesn't allude to his lack of game time. I think he's bright enough to realise that getting promotion is the aim & he'll then have plenty of opportunity to demonstrate his talents.

Edited by ron obvious

Have seen lots of comments recently hoping that Leitner and Vrancic don’t become unhappy on the bench, at the end of the day they are professional sportsmen who have lost their places through injury and can’t get back into a winning team. They are sensible and know the score, wouldn’t ever want a player to be satisfied not playing but at the same time wouldn’t expect them to start whinging. 

Great interview from a great player who will have many more footballing highs with us in the future, and another player who sounds Norwich through and through, and one I think will flourish in the Premier League should we achieve promotion. From reading other articles, I am very very confident (certain) the team spirit is so high amongst the squad that they all support each other, no matter who is in any given starting 11 - they are all working together to achieve their, and our, dreams. Norwich City are alive again, playing the best football I’ve ever seen us play - enjoy every moment folks!

• Like 2

“ ..........You can feel that we are just having fun this season."

Not quite how a native English speaker would have put it, but you know exactly what he means. I've commented several times about our team so obviously enjoying their football. The word I'd use is "joyous". All we need now is a happy ending 👍

I still have to pinch myself when I see Mo in a Norwich shirt. It reminds me of how I felt when Martin Peters signed. I couldn't believe it at first :classic_biggrin:. Playing in the EPL would give ML the stage he deserves. 

• Like 1

Klose made a similar comment on social media after Rotherham, something along the lines of: "Yeah, i wish I was playing more, but happy to be fit again and supporting the team to achieve what we're all aiming for."

To be honest, they can't complain as the team is winning.

With Klose, I'd suspect his future at the club is dependent upon which division we are in next season.  Although, he doesn't fit the 'up and coming youngster' profile that we are modelling, we do still need a bit of experience around - Krul, Klose, Hanley, Trybull, Vrancic, Tettey, Pukki and Rhodes are all thirty or thereabouts.

Edited by Woodman

17 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Krul, Klose, Hanley, Trybull, Vrancic, Tettry, Pukki and Rhodes are all thirty or thereabouts.

I remember my 10 year old describing someone in their late twenties as "ancient", but Tom Trybull hasn't even got there yet! He just turned 26 ten days ago :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, westcoastcanary said:

I remember my 10 year old describing someone in their late twenties as "ancient", but Tom Trybull hasn't even got there yet! He just turned 26 ten days ago :classic_biggrin:

Apologies, for some reason I thought he was the same age as Vrancic... made me look again though - Stiepermann is 28.

Also found this gem about Leitner on his Wiki page - "Leitner started his football career at FC Unterföhring, joining them at the age of two.  As a six-year-old, he moved to 1860 Munich"  Joined at 2, then transferred at 6!! 😲

47 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Apologies, for some reason I thought he was the same age as Vrancic... made me look again though - Stiepermann is 28.

Also found this gem about Leitner on his Wiki page - "Leitner started his football career at FC Unterföhring, joining them at the age of two.  As a six-year-old, he moved to 1860 Munich"  Joined at 2, then transferred at 6!! 😲

Pushy parents?

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

👍 ...... and 18 years later 

In good company there -- Marco Reus, Mkhitaryan, and Shinji Kagawa. That pic was posted in February 2016. If you look up the Borussia Dortmund wiki page for the 2015--2016 season, my goodness that was some squad! So good that ML was a bit part player that season, later moving to Lazio. 

Edited by westcoastcanary
Typo

More likely just German thoroughness applied to talent spotting! 😉

How much talent do you have when you are 2?

22 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

How much talent do you have when you are 2?

Depends who you are SR. As far as I can see, some kids have more talent at 2 than a lot of adults ever have 😉

More likely just German thoroughness applied to talent spotting! 😉

I'll pm you before I post again westcoasto, to let you know whether I'm serious or not. You needn't reciprocate, as I'm aware that you are serious. The stats  prove it.

• Haha 2