CANARYKING

Binners are getting very excited about .......

....... getting relegated.

” It’s going to be exiting “ 

“ will go up as Champions “ 

“ get rid of Paul Hurst’s loans and play the youngsters “

I admit that after the first game it was enjoyable, seeing plenty of goals and wins BUT don’t remember being excited during the months before 

After so many years of Championship mediocrity they finally have something different to look forward to.

Look at it like breaking up with your steady girlfriend of years because things have been going nowhere and things take a turn for the worse. They'll be a period of depression when you come to terms with the fact it's over and your life feels like it's ending, but then you'll meeting some bird in a bar that's not as good looking but it's new and exciting for the first few months figuring out what dirty stuff she'll do. You may even convince yourself you're better off, until your mates stop speaking to you, you discover the places she likes to frequent are dark, smelly, dingy hellholes and she's given you an STI.

(Meanwhile the guy you used to work with and had a friendly rivalry is dating a stunner and doing really well for himself.)

• Like 1

The funny bit is they think they'll go back up. I know we did it, but it's not an easy task and they don't have a Holt, Hoolahan or Chris Martin in their (the council's) building. Think they're in for more stagnation just a division lower. Far more likely to go down again than romp home as champions imo,

Edited by kick it off

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

After so many years of Championship mediocrity they finally have something different to look forward to.

Look at it like breaking up with your steady girlfriend of years because things have been going nowhere and things take a turn for the worse. They'll be a period of depression when you come to terms with the fact it's over and your life feels like it's ending, but then you'll meeting some bird in a bar that's not as good looking but it's new and exciting for the first few months figuring out what dirty stuff she'll do. You may even convince yourself you're better off, until your mates stop speaking to you, you discover the places she likes to frequent are dark, smelly, dingy hellholes and she's given you an STI.

(Meanwhile the guy you used to work with and had a friendly rivalry is dating a stunner and doing really well for himself.)

That's very detailed Canary Wundaboy, almost like it actually happened in real life to someone..................................🤔

• Haha 7

Their squad is lacking players of any real quality, the only money Lambert will have to strengthen will be the few pounds they get from off-loading the dross, their crowds will dwindle yet further and they won’t have the new manager bounce that we benefitted from. They’ll find it a lot harder than they think and will struggle to get much above mid-table.  The few remaining supporters will become increasingly disillusioned and Lambert will be gone by Christmas.  They need a complete rebuild from top to bottom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

....... getting relegated.

” It’s going to be exiting “ 

“ will go up as Champions “ 

“ get rid of Paul Hurst’s loans and play the youngsters “

I admit that after the first game it was enjoyable, seeing plenty of goals and wins BUT don’t remember being excited during the months before 

Well they're right about one thing, they're definitely exiting. Noose around the neck, black hood on, hangman's hand twitching on the lever.

1 hour ago, Jonncfc said:

Their squad is lacking players of any real quality, the only money Lambert will have to strengthen will be the few pounds they get from off-loading the dross, their crowds will dwindle yet further and they won’t have the new manager bounce that we benefitted from. They’ll find it a lot harder than they think and will struggle to get much above mid-table.  The few remaining supporters will become increasingly disillusioned and Lambert will be gone by Christmas.  They need a complete rebuild from top to bottom.

You're forgetting the £10m war chest promised to Lambert for January.

Very cleverly he didn't spend it at the time and it must still be available right? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

You're forgetting the £10m war chest promised to Lambert for January.

Very cleverly he didn't spend it at the time and it must still be available right? 

With Colin (3 goals in 50 games) Quaner reputedly on £40,000 a week I think that 'war chest' is emptying fast Mr M. 

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

With Colin (3 goals in 50 games) Quaner reputedly on £40,000 a week I think that 'war chest' is emptying fast Mr M. 

True but I expect they can top it up with the bumper gate receipts the new arrivals have attracted.

54 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

True but I expect they can top it up with the bumper gate receipts the new arrivals have attracted.

40,000 kids at a quid each pay his wages for a week I suppose.......................

• Haha 1

The psychology is interesting . They are resigned to going down. But  but their excitement is seemingly based around:

Lambert will take them up next year (because he has done it before)

The Football is much better than McCarthy (subjective)

The fans are on side (16,000 yesterday after the kids for a quid promotions have finished)

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

PS Someone said on here that the relegation will cost ITFC £7m in TV revenue? Is that true?

Possibly.............in which case they'll have to flog all those Cups and medals from their bulging trophy cabinets - should make about £50 at auction 🤣

2 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Possibly.............in which case they'll have to flog all those Cups and medals from their bulging trophy cabinets - should make about £50 at auction 🤣

Mmm. After all these years metal fatigue might have set in. They might get as much as they think. 

I guess they are also assuming Lambert will stay. I don't think he will; he's got too much of an ego for that and his managerial career will have gone backwards ... but of course, they are a big club, so who knows? :classic_blink:

2-0 away loss to Fleetwood on opening day of next season will soon show them the level they have sunk to. And probably remind ipswich as well.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by East Rider

To be fair, Lambert has got them to be pretty hard to beat with draws against Forest, Bristol, Derby and WBA. The only game they have lost by more than 1 goal since the end of Jan was to us. But the fact is they can't score, and often give away crazy goals too.

So it will be interesting to see if he can build on that in a lower quality league with the younger players he'll probably have to work with. 

Edited by Surfer

They'll do alright and I think Lambert will stay until at least Christmas as long as they are in the hunt for promotion. Otherwise he will walk as usual to take a bigger job like Oldham or something

15 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

They'll do alright and I think Lambert will stay until at least Christmas as long as they are in the hunt for promotion. Otherwise he will walk as usual to take a bigger job like Oldham or something

Judging from the Scholes reports, that would end up well too!

There's a vid on YouTube announcing that Luke Chambers has signed a two year contract, in his comments he twice claimed that 1p5wich played in front of 24,000 crowds and he's looking forward to next season. He's 33 and has struggled this season, still, if he's on 10 grand a week and he sees out his contract, that'll be 9 years at half a million a year, 4 1/2 mill on wages for Luke Chambers. Is it any wonder that they're going down the gurgler. 

Edited by splendidrush

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

There's a vid on YouTube announcing that Luke Chambers has signed a two year contract, in his comments he twice claimed that 1p5wich played in front of 24,000 crowds and he's looking forward to next season. He's 33 and has struggled this season, still, if he's on 10 grand a week and he sees out his contract, that'll be 9 years at half a million a year, 4 1/2 mill on wages for Luke Chambers. Is it any wonder that they're going down the gurgler. 

And signing that contract now means he counts against their wage cap. Doesn't sound very well thought out to me...

25 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

And signing that contract now means he counts against their wage cap. Doesn't sound very well thought out to me...

Probably some kind of tax dodge from Honest Marcus.

Maybe they should have accepted they were relegated in Jan and not spent the money that they have done on loans

Keeping the likes of Chamber and the fifty something Skuse doesn't suggest much will change in the club's approach.

They haven't just dropped into the relegation zone on the last day either. They have been struggling and rock bottom pretty much all season and are looking to end up well below the others.

Five of yesterday's starting line up are out of contract in June with around another 10 or more the same. Losing £7m out of a budget of around £17m (?) will certainly require some cutting back on the wage bill - with no one looking saleable ... that would raise anything note worthy that is.

I wonder what Matt Gill thinks of it............... 😕

22 hours ago, East Rider said:

2-0 away loss to Fleetwood on opening day of next season will soon show them the level they have sunk to. And probably remind ipswich as well.:classic_biggrin:

TBF, we had a worse loss on the first day of our season in L1. That turned out OK in the end.

Most  now seem to think that an immediate return is firmly on the cards because of Paul (bull shine) Lambert's incredible tactical nous and the a super array of young talent they will have at their disposal; which according to Mr. Brilliant are the most brilliant collection of brilliant youngsters that have ever been collected at any football club in the world at any one time..

They always tend to overstate their youngsters though, that's par from the course. No other clubs have such a  youth set-up (Cat 2) or consistently produced so much talent than ITFC after all.

In fact, all clubs Championship above, and even below, will have prospects the equal to those at the @Loo. The delusional binners continue to think their own little hard up club  is unique though.

Nothing more be said than I think our own young are in a different league (literally)  ...we know who they are as it's blatently obvious. 

They will find it tough and likely will continue to provide us Canaries with as much fun as they have done this season on a consistent basis.

The inevitable mid-table+ place after a dozen games will see Lambert under pressure from the fans at last. The penny will finally have dropped that they have a duffer on their hands who has nothing up his sleeve other than cynical PR.

Goodee!

He has gradually become my least favourite person in football. Holty remains my favourite.

Lambert isn't going anywhere. Who would have him? . This job is his last if he doesn't make it work. Lambert makes a few quid on media work on  obscure channels. My son saw him on UAE TV last month. 

As for Chambo - I think he may find his level in League 1. Would be very surprised if he was offered a contract if they had stayed up, he clearly isn't good enough for the Championship. I would also be a bit surprised if he is on £10k per week . 

Lambert and Chambo are both pushing all the right buttons to keep in with the desperate fan base. Desperate enough that their hope clouds the blindingly obvious - nothing Lambert, Chambo or Mucus has undertaken since the dark days of Hurst  has worked or come true. It all began with a £10m war chest didn't it? Then Lambert claims he will rebuild the club root and branch , followed by extraordinarily contradictory signings like the perennially injured Collins , or a striker not good enough to sit on the bench of the team at the bottom of the Prem. Both on £20k plus as a minimum .