Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Stiepermann booking

I think Stiepermann’s booking today might be his fifth. Would this mean a 2-match ban? Can anyone confirm?

10 bookings required now isn't it?

Edited by Ian

Yeah he just beat the deadline for that, needs 10 now.

Edited by splutcho
Spelling.

50 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Not even close to being banned Grando. The deadline has just passed - for 10 bookings!!!

He's only had 5 all season.

Some crappy site I looked at implied he was one booking off a ban! I panicked unnecessarily!

Edited by Grando

There’s some huge variation in that table. Can someone unpick what it is saying? For instance, we’ve committed nearly four times the number of fouls Preston have, have a similar amount of yellows but they have 5 reds to our none. Does this mean we use niggly fouls tactically but they’re angels who sometimes overreact? Or what?

I don't have a clue what that table shows, but there's some good interactive graphics here showing fouls, cards, attacking stats, etc https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11657650/norwich-city-leeds-united-and-sheffield-united-title-chances-analysed

It shows Leeds have conceded 468 fouls to our 456,but, we have won 535 to their 474, blades have only won 385 having conceded 457 which does imply we are playing the football that other teams find hardest to deal with fairly (more intricate and quicker feet)

I only clicked on here because I knew what CornishSam's avatar is and wanted to see it again

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There’s some huge variation in that table. Can someone unpick what it is saying? For instance, we’ve committed nearly four times the number of fouls Preston have, have a similar amount of yellows but they have 5 reds to our none. Does this mean we use niggly fouls tactically but they’re angels who sometimes overreact? Or what?

It’s obviously not accurate.

How can Preston have only made 37 fouls, but had 50 bookings?

Edited by CDMullins

Good point NN , 37 fouls by Preston is just one a game which is implausible, but how could they have more yellow & red cards than fouls committed? Match stats for yesterday’s game show Preston committed 13 fouls in just that one game.

9 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We're a tough team to beat. Good to see discipline is a strong point this year, not a single red speaks volumes for Farke's handling of the team.

Hanley was sent off this season but it was in the FA Cup so not in those stats.

From whoscored. We are the second most fouled and Sheffield us are the second least fouled ( though Boro have played a game less). Preston are one of the fairest teams but still doesn't help understand that table in anyway I can envisage...

Screenshot_20190317-083048__01.jpg

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

From whoscored. We are the second most fouled and Sheffield us are the second least fouled ( though Boro have played a game less). Preston are one of the fairest teams but still doesn't help understand that table in anyway I can envisage...

Screenshot_20190317-083048__01.jpg

And of course the Vile fouls have all been committed against Grealish!:classic_wink:

Just checked and the 2 match suspension after 10 yellows has passed - 37 games is the cut off. We have two players on 9 yellows, Zimmerman and Aarons so just missed these two key players missing important matches. Phew!

21 hours ago, Jack Flash said:

Just checked and the 2 match suspension after 10 yellows has passed - 37 games is the cut off. We have two players on 9 yellows, Zimmerman and Aarons so just missed these two key players missing important matches. Phew!

Yes, you now require 15 to be suspended.

On 17/03/2019 at 10:40, First Wazzock said:

That's a far better table for the Ipswich fans...

Ah yes, forgot they are still in the same league as us 😂