Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Still the Funniest Football Video Ever!

Makes you wonder why that stuff was tolerated! 

Funnily enough, to me it really looked like the Liverpool striker went down deliberately , while tugging the defender’s shirt. If not then the foul was indeed extremely professional

The professional foul was finally made a red card offence following this heinous act, Generation A47. Willie Young of course went on to play for us. 

• Like 1

Make of it what you will but football as a spectator is, to me anyway, what you personally get out of it. No doubt there still some at Carrow Road who would rather see the ball "whumped" up the pitch.

The excitement we had in 1971/2 was to us anyway, just as exciting as 88/9 or 92/3 or now, So what if the football was different or the pitches crap or the strips boring? Football is all about the moment you are in. Not yesteryear, although we bring it up as discussion points, or even the next game against Boro. Right now I am glowing, gloating about my team being top of the table and playing good football. The style that works now. Nodoubt a new Messiah will come along in football who says "whumping" it is the way to play. And that smoking is good for you and eat lots of sugary products.

History is for comparing but remembering.

Please feel free to chastise me when I reminisce in another post. I will use the excuse of a selective memory.

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Football is all about the moment you are in. Not yesteryear, although we bring it up as discussion points, or even the next game against Boro. Right now I am glowing, gloating about my team being top of the table and playing good football. 

History is for comparing but remembering.

So, not a Binner then kg? 😉

So, not a Binner then kg?

Definitely not Splendid!

Don't hate them as I just love our club so no other team matters. I enjoy some of the humour aimed at them and I expect them to come back at us with their "history" but it matters little to me as many of those quoting it probably weren't even born.

I'm looking ahead to the Boro game.

• Like 1