hogesar

4 Home Games Left..

Huge three points today, Rotherham have done well lately, this means we have two games on both Leeds and Sheffield.

Well done the lads again today, so yep win the four home games and a win with a draw away and it’s pretty much there.....but still 8 games to go and anything could still happen, just hope we have promotion wrapped up by Villa, just be able to enjoy the day.

A few weeks ago, it was generally accepted that 87-90 would be enough, credit to the top 3 that 90 might be the minimum requirement.

• Like 1

Interesting to see who will end up in the play offs, Sheffield Weds are steaming up the table under Bruce and it’s noticeable that the team who make a late challenge into that play off do well!

Out of the teams up there I hope WBA go up with us and Sheffield United, I’ve always enjoyed visiting the baggies, good set of fans.

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Interesting to see who will end up in the play offs, Sheffield Weds are steaming up the table under Bruce and it’s noticeable that the team who make a late challenge into that play off do well!

It will be a right old battle for the last two play off places.

Boro are in free fall, Derby and Bristol have games in hand with Preston level on points with Villa (6th)

Weds and Forest 2 & 3 points off that 6th place

Could well be the old 'musical chairs' with 5th and 6th swapping until the last game

• Like 1

And Leeds have another local derby up soon and have to go to in form Preston and Brum away for a battle with the fans and stewards.

Next three games are key;

Dont lose to Boro then two absoulte must wins against QPR and Reading.

In the mean time Sheff U have Bristol City and go to Birmingham and Preston and Leeds also go to Birmingam and Preston,

It probably wont happen with so many teams involved....but wouldnt it be nice for villa to have already secured a playoff place by the last game and rest an entire xi vs us in preparation for the playoffs

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It probably wont happen with so many teams involved....but wouldnt it be nice for villa to have already secured a playoff place by the last game and rest an entire xi vs us in preparation for the playoffs

Like to think it'll be done and dusted before then.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

But then, of course, your scenario might see them relaxed and playing wonderful, uninhibited exhibition football! It might be better if they do have something still to play for (and probably even better if they’ve just missed out on playoffs and are peed off with the world). I agree though that would be prudent if we're already or promoted by then! 

Counting no chickens....dont like the look of our next game at Boro....especially with Pukki away with Finland in Armenia the midweek prior

The situation could have swung back dramatically after that game

34 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Would much prefer us to have promotion secured, and then stop Villa making the play offs!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kick it off said:

My instinct is it will be sheff weds home or stoke/wigan away. Think we'll be sealed before villa.

I've always said Stoke would be the one (but I've been hopeful of Wigan). So I agree with you KIO.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, splendidrush said:

A few weeks ago, it was generally accepted that 87-90 would be enough, credit to the top 3 that 90 might be the minimum requirement.

Ricky hasn't budged from 87 has he? Ben Mayhew at Experimental 3-6-1 reckons 92 for the title and 89 for automatic after yesterday.

Important we don't get complacent - there are still 24 points to play for and Leeds/Sheff Utd both capable of beating anyone on their day.

A loss against Boro and a win for one (or both) of those two will see things swing back dramatically. Still, what a cracking season this has been so far!

18 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Ricky hasn't budged from 87 has he? Ben Mayhew at Experimental 3-6-1 reckons 92 for the title and 89 for automatic after yesterday.

Have you budged from your 4th place prediction for us Westie?

16 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Would much prefer us to have promotion secured, and then stop Villa making the play offs!

Nah I want them in 6th to play dirty Leeds!

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Hope we seal it at a home game. Will be a great celebration

Wouldn't that just be the best! 

Tell you what, I wish I had you guys' confidence! I'm a bag of nerves, way too preoccupied with worrying about IF we'll get promoted than thinking about what game it'll be confirmed 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splutcho said:

Tell you what, I wish I had you guys' confidence! I'm a bag of nerves, way too preoccupied with worrying about IF we'll get promoted than thinking about what game it'll be confirmed 😂

Me too!

Me too! (Does it show?)

Btw form is only about past not future, but still nice to see we’re now top of the 6 8 10 and 12 game form tables

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

Have you budged from your 4th place prediction for us Westie?

Of course; we'd be hard pressed now to finish anywhere below third 😋 

The biggest movers in my mid-season predicted top 6 have been the Blades. I didn't expect them to be challenging as they are, because at the time they seemed destined to struggle for goals. Billy Sharp, with the best defence in the league behind him, have proved me wrong. I also expected Forest to do much better than they have; O'Neil has got them going again, but too late to live up to my prediction! 

The top three teams are averaging

NCFC 2.05 pts per game. 8 games left - apply that = 94 pts

Sheff U 1.95 pts per game . 8 games left - apply that = 89 pts

Leeds 1.92 pts per game . 8 games left - apply that = 88 pts

Other than history (where 90 points is generally enough ) , the above suggests that both Leeds and Sheff wont make 90 pts, so the four wins suggestion still seems valid?  I hope? Please?

The main reason for our concern is that it is easy  to think negatively about your club, and positively about the chasers - that’s just football. A nice neutral way of looking is we are now 1/4 for the title, Sheffield 3/1 and Leeds 5/1. We are now 1/16 to be promoted. 

It is important our team on the pitch are shown the positivity not the nervous negativity.

Stop worrying guys. Several posters who only six months ago were confidently predicting mid-table mediocrity, are now even more confidently predicting we'll be Champions. Surely you don't need more reassurance than that? 😉