Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Go Alex Neil

Incredible run he’s got them on since Jan when they were at the wrong end of the table. Really pleased for him.  

Edited by Kingston Yellow
Typo!
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I don't think that they'll make the playoffs but they're giving it a go. 

I wouldn't bet against it. It's getting really tight in that pack. Boro, FLDC & Brizzel are wobbling. Vile, Weds & PNE could take advantage.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
To give Derby their correct name

With all teams playing their game in hand 5th and 6th place are 61pts putting Villa and Preston 4 points behind. Preston have to at some point in 3 straight games play sheffield, Leeds, West Brom.  However Bristol still have a good few difficult games and Villa do as well.

And the more I type this the more its still up in the air. I'd say its looking difficult for Preston giving Villa more of an edge, but with middlesbrough and Bristol poor recent form it could allow other teams into the mix.

Sheff Wed are 50/1 with Paddy Power just to gain promotion, generous odds given they are in good form and sit 2 pts outside the Play Offs, plus the man they have in charge has a good track record of getting teams promoted from this division.

Edited by Alex Moss
Changed ‘history’ to ‘record’

I might just go and cheer Preston on in their next two home matches as there is no chance of me getting to Norwich on those dates, when they play Leeds and Sheff Utd.  Just down the road from me,  with an ex-norwich manager and the next De Gea in goal, you can't go wrong. And if Preston can weedle some points out of those two matches, it helps our cause no end.  What price two Preston victories??

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sounds like you’re more positive about Preston than us ! 😋

Please don't, Frank. I much prefer the regular LDC to the 'no easy games' version. If I lived close to Preston, I'd probably go too. 

Alex owes us a few favours for lumbering us with Naismith. All the best.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Alex owes us a few favours for lumbering us with Naismith. All the best.

To be fair to him he also 'lumbered' us with James Maddison. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I might just go and cheer Preston on in their next two home matches as there is no chance of me getting to Norwich on those dates, when they play Leeds and Sheff Utd.  Just down the road from me,  with an ex-norwich manager and the next De Gea in goal, you can't go wrong. And if Preston can weedle some points out of those two matches, it helps our cause no end.  What price two Preston victories??

Easy games then LDC

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

With all teams playing their game in hand 5th and 6th place are 61pts putting Villa and Preston 4 points behind.

Assuming Boro and Bristol both win their games in hand yes, Derby would only have 59. However Boro have gained 1 point in their last 4 games, Bristol 2, Derby 5, compared to  Villa 12 and Preston 10. Villa already in 6th place, Preston 7th on Goal Difference.