Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Rotherham*****

3 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

I was there! In fact, I was there for when he scored against Everton too so saw his only 2 competitive goals of us!

If you were an Arsenal fan you wore a T-Shirt for that kind of achievement...

Just back from the game. What a win, what a team, and what a ****ing atmosphere. That away end was another level today. Thought Trybull was MOTM, broke everything up in the middle. Nobody had a bad game. Pleased with the reception Krul got, that was an outstanding show of support. It was clear how much it meant to the players today, and Farke is one of our own, yellow through and through.

Edit - Special mention for Buendia too, thought he was outstanding too.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

For Mr Optimistic last season LDC, you have recently turned into Mr Pessimistic

Of course there are easy games, we've just had 7 out of the last 8.

I try to be positive in face of unecessary negativity and err on caution when others get too positive for their own good.  Best not to get carried away with negativity - it only makes engenders more negativity - and best not to be celebrating until there is something tangible to celebrate - and for me that means promotion. We are not there yet and as I said, there are no easy games. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

There are no easy games!!!!

I have no doubt this is exactly what Daniel Farke is saying.

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not beforehand it wasn't.  That's the issue.  No upcoming games are easy. 

It wasnt easy until we played and it was easy? Ummmmmm.....

Just now, kick it off said:
26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not beforehand it wasn't.  That's the issue.  No upcoming games are easy. 

It wasnt easy until we played and it was easy? Ummmmmm.....

It's surely not that hard to understand?   If you go into a game thinking it is going to be easy, you're going to come unstuck.  If you go into a game thinking it's going to be your toughest challenge up to date, you are far more likely to be in the right frame of mind to do well and give it everything you've got. 

If a game turns into a 4-0 as at Bolton, then yes, you can say afterwards it was an easy win, but if you go into any match beforehand with a "this is going to be easy" mind set, then that is a pretty dumb attitude to have.

There are no easy games.  The last eight games are going to be like cup finals and are going to take every ounce of energy, spirit and determination to get us over the line, given the nature of the championship - they are simply going to be the toughest games of the season.  We can win them or enough of them, but it certainly is not going to be easy.

Some think we are already there.

We are in a great position but still have to finish it off👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I try to be positive in face of unecessary negativity and err on caution when others get too positive for their own good.  Best not to get carried away with negativity - it only makes engenders more negativity - and best not to be celebrating until there is something tangible to celebrate - and for me that means promotion. We are not there yet and as I said, there are no easy games. 😉

So essentially you're contrary for the sake of it? Shock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's surely not that hard to understand?   If you go into a game thinking it is going to be easy, you're going to come unstuck.  If you go into a game thinking it's going to be your toughest challenge up to date, you are far more likely to be in the right frame of mind to do well and give it everything you've got.

LDC, we are not the Manager and we are not the players so it matters not one jot what we think.

We are supporters and being a football supporter is all about enjoying the moment, being positive and being optimistic.

Where is the fun in being miserable and thinking that no game is easy when you are top of the league with a handful of games to go?

Save that for the next time we are struggling to avoid relegation.

• Like 2

MP - It's about not letting your emotions, positive or negative, get out of hand and take you somewhere that means you are essentially living in a false world. Things are rarely as negative or as positive as people like to think. 

A massive celebration for today's result is brilliant and celebrating being at the top of the table is positive for all of us Norwich supporters. Thinking the next games are going to be easy is not positive - it is false.   You can wish that they will be easy, some of them might turn out to be easy, but the likelihood is that until we get to a point where we can't be caught, the games are going to be as tough as it can get.

Shout it from the roof tops, it's great to be top of the league, but as the manager and others are saying - fans need to be focussed on the here and now, not some point in the future. Celebrate the wins, but don't suddenly expect it will be easy....has it been easy to stay at the top of the table so far? Of course not, so why should it be easy in the future? 

Keep it real.

Last season LDC you were basically saying we were going to win every game. You cant have it both ways, otherwise you have to respect that you've no credibility and people will call you on it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Last season LDC you were basically saying we were going to win every game. You cant have it both ways, otherwise you have to respect that you've no credibility and people will call you on it.

I reckon LDC see's himself like the chosen one in Star Wars- 'bringing balance to force' of Norwich City fans emotions.

4 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

No I didn't!!!!!!  My attitude is that any game that hasn't happened yet is winnable - and that is different to saying we are going to win every game.   Every game is there to be won, lost or drawn - I just don't accept anyone that assumes anything about what might happen, hence my dislike of comments such as we have easy games coming up.

image.png.fbcaa990edc349399af97bffa788ddba.png

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sounds like the manager is keeping his feet firmly on the ground, so LDC doesn't need to worry so much.

I'm not worried and it's not Farke or the team I've been talking about!