On 17/03/2019 at 19:13, splendidrush said:

Pink Un saying that we're linked with Henderson, currently on loan at Blades, Man U will probably want to step up his development next year by finding him a Club in the Premiership. 

Not sure we'll get him, especially if Blades are promoted but it shows that we're not standing still regarding 'keepers for next season. 

Whether this is paper gossip or not (I think it probably is), I'd imagine Sheff U are in the box seat to keep him if they go up.  He's also quite unlikeable - lots of bragging on social media (but then hides his profile if things go wrong - such as making 2 mistakes when they threw away the 3-0 lead at Villa).

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:46, daly said:

I saw Krul at his best at Newcastle where he was a commanding figure, he is not half the player he was and sure he will admit his days as No.1 are limited. See this season out and take his wages sitting on the bench next season

If we and hopefully get Premiership football next season then we need to splash out big money for a top keeper but till then BACK Tim and give him the confidence to see us into TP

How do you know what Tim Krul will admit to or not? 

On 18/03/2019 at 03:43, daly said:

A few bad goalkeeping mistakes over the weekend probably due to weather conditions but Remi Matthews gets the award for biggest gaff, ironically he looked round and did not see the Wigan player

From the available highlights the 5th goal was even worse for him. The 2nd was a deflection so not his fault, but question marks over all the others. He definitely had a bad day at the office this weekend. 

I do not think speculating on a current player's position next season when this season still hangs in the balance is all that useful. 

Bottom line is that Krul is one of the best keepers in this league. Yes mistakes have been made but just see poor remi above. Rudd had a shocker for preston vs birmingham. Henderson, the lad we've been "linked to" has cost the blades at least 4 points from my memory so no more worse than Krul.

Let's just support him. He's our indisputable number 1. There is an entire preseason let alone the 8 games left for Krul to work on his distribution and footwork. Get behind him. Not on top of him.

• Like 5

If we go up, then I do fancy us going all out for Angus Gunn, regardless of his current situation. He's an absolute perfect fit, not just because of his name and history with us, but because he's styled ideally to Farke's way. I remember him at Man City playing it out from the back. Krul is one of the best shot stoppers in the Championship, but his distribution isn't up to par. I'd keep Krul and go all out to get Gunn for next year. Keep the rest of the squad together and give it a good go.

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

If we go up, then I do fancy us going all out for Angus Gunn, regardless of his current situation. He's an absolute perfect fit, not just because of his name and history with us, but because he's styled ideally to Farke's way. I remember him at Man City playing it out from the back. Krul is one of the best shot stoppers in the Championship, but his distribution isn't up to par. I'd keep Krul and go all out to get Gunn for next year. Keep the rest of the squad together and give it a good go.

But the only chance of that is is the Saints get relegated, which is still possible.

They would, however, seek to profit  from the deal.

If they remained in the PL then they wouldn't be interested in a sale unless the price was way, way over the odds surely.

I wouldn't want us to go on a massive spending spree in any event and Webber has indicated that we wouldn't as well.

... after the interviews with Webber and Farke in the last few days, there's no way we will be spending the sort of money required to bring Gunn back. Sorry guys, it just isn't going to happen. 

There are better and cheaper keepers out there than Angus Gunn. Webber’s team will find them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

There are better and cheaper keepers out there than Angus Gunn. Webber’s team will find them.

Toatally agree Surfo. Have no idea what AG would cost ,Southampton would want what they paid plus healthy profit...even if he does come up for sale. I thought he was good, not great . Easy to say but he's Kasper and Bryan was Peter Schmeichel.