Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

How Norwich’s fluid attack wiped the floor with hapless Hull

Yes, good analysis although I actually would have liked to see more comment on us defensively. Not just for the goals, but also throughout the game. Noticeably Forest put three past Hull at the weekend as well - Forest were bang average for all but a fifteen minute spell in which they attacked with pace and ripped Hull to shreds, but Hull didn’t once look like threatening in that game, yet they scored twice against us. 

Whilst it’s great to see our attacking (and pressing) play analysed and appreciated, we need to be learning lessons defensively quickly too.

I think that Hull had the measure of us in the air though. I'm sure we posed very little threat then.

14 hours ago, K Lo said:

I think that Hull had the measure of us in the air though. I'm sure we posed very little threat then.

...but gravity is a great leveler. 

• Like 1

Pukki, Hernandez and Buendia chase and press in the opponents half. This is one of the reasons for the success of a team that most of us didn't give a chance.

It is natural that other teams, especially at Carrow Road, will adopt the same tactic. I think where we succeed is that we have being doing it all season whereas they are only now using it. Naturally away from home, we find greater space anyway and our superior skilled players find it easier to play at times.

Much has been made that Rotherham will try and use aerial tactics to upset us. Thing is, you have to have the ball to do that and it is a haphazard way of playing. Our style is constant and doesn't leave it to chance.

• Like 1