Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Team for Rotherham game

Slightly concerned by one of Farkes comments in his press conference re:possibly changing the midfield.

Along the lines of , 'he cant win as a coach as if we lost the fans would ask as to why he changed a winning team'

Whilst that maybe fair enough, I would hope he's not basing his selection on what he believes the crowd reaction might be?

I would hope that by watching them everyday in training his selection his guided by who he believes is the best player to play in each position.

Of all the reasons as to why we may miss out on automatic promotion , please let it not be because we got our own team selection wrong.

18 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I would hope that by watching them everyday in training his selection his guided by who he believes is the best player to play in each position.

I sincerely hope not. He should, and is, guided by who he thinks make up the currently most effective team. Since the new year, that hasn't meant the inclusion of either Leitner or Klose. Vrancic for McClean would be the only real possibility; they are pretty much interchangeable at the moment as far as team performance is concerned. 

21 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I sincerely hope not. He should, and is, guided by who he thinks make up the currently most effective team. Since the new year, that hasn't meant the inclusion of either Leitner or Klose. Vrancic for McClean would be the only real possibility; they are pretty much interchangeable at the moment as far as team performance is concerned. 

Well presumably he is??

He obviously does currently consider Godfrey to be ahead of Klose at the moment...however he specifically brought up the subject of the midfield when asked about possible changes