Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

Parking for Rotherham

Will be driving to Rotherham, on the away ground guide it suggests parking at the bus interchange but that appears to be closed, anyone have any ideas which would be the best accessible car park for the ground and the town (before the game) and easy to get away from at the end

We always park at the old ground Milmoor, good walking distance and fairly cheap I'll put a map up.

Car park in blue and then we walk to the ground on the green line, saves crossing busy roads and brings you right to the away end easy.

Capture.thumb.PNG.7e1a7df9794dd5367d87d362273cb60d.PNG

I will add the caveat that this was obviously two years ago when we last visited and I don't know if things may has changed, hopefully not.

Unless something has changed in the past week or so, I'd suggest that the easiest parking would be in the Forge Island car park which is free on Saturdays, and it's a very simple walk to the Rotherham ground from there. There are plenty of spaces but it will fill up quickly on match days.

Bear in mind that I live 5 mins from Rotherham, so I know the parking situation fairly well, and the suggestion for parking at Millmoor is also a good suggestion.

Roth_Parking.thumb.png.e1f83357ca0e42bdab2e11daf2c4b4c9.png

Edited by Indy_Bones

1 hour ago, Indy_Bones said:

Unless something has changed in the past week or so, I'd suggest that the easiest parking would be in the Forge Island car park which is free on Saturdays, and it's a very simple walk to the Rotherham ground from there. There are plenty of spaces but it will fill up quickly on match days.

Bear in mind that I live 5 mins from Rotherham, so I know the parking situation fairly well, and the suggestion for parking at Millmoor is also a good suggestion.

Roth_Parking.thumb.png.e1f83357ca0e42bdab2e11daf2c4b4c9.png

Thanks. Is it possible it would be full after a certain time?

11 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Thanks. Is it possible it would be full after a certain time?

Absolutely possible, there's about 300 spaces there IIRC, with the morning usually being used mainly by weekend shoppers going into the town centre (most now go to Parkgate instead tbh), with the afternoon being busiest from a footy perspective.

Considering it's free parking all day, there's no reason not to get there a bit early and then have a wander round or grab a bite to eat if that's your thing. It's only a 5 minute walk from there to the Ground, so even if you went a bit into town, you're still only about 15-20 minutes walk away at max.

20 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Absolutely possible, there's about 300 spaces there IIRC, with the morning usually being used mainly by weekend shoppers going into the town centre (most now go to Parkgate instead tbh), with the afternoon being busiest from a footy perspective.

Considering it's free parking all day, there's no reason not to get there a bit early and then have a wander round or grab a bite to eat if that's your thing. It's only a 5 minute walk from there to the Ground, so even if you went a bit into town, you're still only about 15-20 minutes walk away at max.

I won’t be there until about 1. Should give me enough time to find alternative arrangements if full. Thanks