Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

This '8 points off Play Off' Myth!

I''m sick of hearing ''only eight points of the play offs'', that is a KTF myth and I''ll tell you why:

When desperate pro Worthy supporters (including Neil Adams) say that, they discount the teams above City,  but they are allowed to play too you know!.

Being only eight points off, means everyone above City must lose for that benefit to work, and of course that won''t happen every week will it? Teams in 7th, 8th and 9th positions may wins their games too!.

Trust me, only ''eight points'' is a massive gap to close when you are playing like City, and look at the fixture list, then players who WILL leave in January, oh yes, its only eight points off.

Sounds a doddle doesn''t it?.[:O]

Could you imagine how our and other teams seasons would be at this stage without the play off incentive?

Having said that at this stage I will settle for mid-table safety and a settled balanced side with some new young faces for a promotion push next year.

I cannot see how we are in any way play off material but, get some consistency and points and the situation is always open for review.

One step at a time. Let''s beat Southampton next week.

This is all very true, but I assume that if 8 pts is such an insurmountable gap, then you are feeling totally safe from the threat of relegation, given that there is a 7 pt gap below us, and that therefore the team that is seven points behind us is obviously playing that much worse than us. I know that I certainly am not, which shows how much there is left to play for this season. As RH so correctly says "One step at a time", lets see how it goes on Saturday.