Discobolus

Leeds v Sheff Utd

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

I'm going to go ahead and deny it: this was the best result for our chances of winning the title. We are 4 points clear on 2nd with only 8 games left. It's in our own hands.

It was the worst result, from the information we had at the time, for our chances gaining of promotion, which most people are mentally prioritising over the title.

Edited by GenerationA47
added bit after “time”
  • Like 2

I think we’ve got this. Still laughing at how many Leeds fans genuinely think Sheff Utd and us are in the position we are in because we’ve had ‘more luck’ than them. I hope it’s us and the Blades that go up, they definitely have many more decent supporters than Leeds (forget the minority that caused trouble with us at Bramall Lane. Looking forward to watching Leeds choke in their last 10 games 👍

• Like 1

The top 3 have played each other, no more six pointers between us. Meaning that, for the first time, with eight games left, one of us needs favours. Sorry, Mighty Leeds, but your now hoping, rather than expecting to finish top 2.

3 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

The top 3 have played each other, no more six pointers between us. Meaning that, for the first time, with eight games left, one of us needs favours. Sorry, Mighty Leeds, but your now hoping, rather than expecting to finish top 2.

Splendid, worth mentioning Leeds still have 10 games left to play 👍

• Like 1

Looking bad for Leeds, behind in points, out of automatics place, inferior goal difference and about 6th in form book over previous 8 games (we're top in all categories).  So villa to beat Leeds in the playoffs?

I said some time ago on here (to much derision) that Villa would come good and get promoted one way or another, whilst Leeds would choke and to be honest that’s starting to look good - Villa seem to be really coming into form at exactly the right time, as Leeds, surprise surprise, start to choke. You could say that in a funny kind of way, the recent Leeds games against us and Sheff Utd have both had a real play off feel about them - and both times Leeds have not coped with it at all against ‘cuter’ sides. The indications are that they will combust when the pressure is on, and just missing second spot would leave them seriously dejected. I shouldn’t count our chickens I know but I really feel that we’re going to do it, as will Sheff Utd, Leeds I just can’t see them getting promoted, I had changed my mind on them recently and had them on a parr with the Blades until today but I have to say Sheff Utd did a real number on them earlier, they were very very smart indeed, and I believe that game really will prove to be a season defining moment in the promotion race despite Chris Wilder playing it down.

Edited by Alex Moss
Added text

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Splendid, worth mentioning Leeds still have 10 games left to play 👍

....only if you include the playoffs 😁

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

....only if you include the playoffs 😁

That’s exactly what I mean mate 😉👍😂

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I said some time ago on here (to much derision) that Villa would come good and get promoted one way or another.

Given that they only won once in January (against Ipswich), and didn't win in February, it was hard to see them getting into the playoffs

Then Grealish came back on March 2nd and they've won four in a row. He's either going to take Villa back into the Premiership or force a summer move.

24 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Given that they only won once in January (against Ipswich), and didn't win in February, it was hard to see them getting into the playoffs

Then Grealish came back on March 2nd and they've won four in a row. He's either going to take Villa back into the Premiership or force a summer move.

Yep, my Villa supporting mate said that the upturn in their form corresponds exactly with Grealish and McGinn returning, they make a massive difference to their starting 11. I wouldn’t say that Villa have exactly been our best mates in recent years but I’d sooner see them promoted than Leeds for sure.

29 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

But thankfully no Leeds posters on this forum 😏 worth having the Sheffield U win for that alone if you ask me 😂

Aw c'mon,  you miss Observant and R Whites as much as the rest of us. 😜