Discobolus

Leeds v Sheff Utd

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolute rubbish from Sky. Sheffield United have Leeds then Bristol at home and Preston and Birmingham away. There are no easy games in this division (apart from the obvious one) but I wouldn't fancy those games in a pressurised situationĀ 

That is part of my thought re a Sheff Utd win. I think they pose a lesser threat so a win will peg Leeds back.

Though I think a daw would best suit oer a Sheff Utd win.

In conclusion, I think the most important result isĀ a City win at Rotherham! (Which Daniel Farke has also just said!)

Edited by Grando
  • Like 1

Providing we win, whatever the Leeds / Sheffield result has only positives in it for us which-ever way you look a it. Leeds orĀ SheffieldĀ Utd fans would swap places with us in an instant in this final sprint.

Ā 

We're ahead on the final bend on the inside track on the last bend. Keep focussed.Ā 

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

True, butĀ my main point is that your scenario isĀ obviouslyĀ hypothetical - it makes assumptions which Iā€™m questioning. Even if people want to disagree with the run-in angle (& nobody said SU have got it easy, just easier), the formĀ tables canā€™t be ignored.Ā 

Ā 

Someone aboveā€™s evenĀ said that SU arenā€™t going to better our results over a 3 game period. Well.. only a few games ago,Ā theyā€™d doneĀ just that: WWW vs LWW.Ā 

No what was said is if we are seven points clear they would have to better 3 of our results from the remaining 8 games. The run you have shown they only bettered one result.Ā 

If you look at the last 10 league games weā€™ve won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1. Sheffield United have won 6 drawn 3 and lost 1.Ā It would take a capitulation of our form for them to better 3 of our results from the final 8 games. A Leeds and Norwich win tomorrow has the fat lady clearing her throat and ready to start.

Edited by JF
  • Like 3

The current form of the top ten has us as the form team over both last five games (PL5) and four games (PL4) stretch. This is what I was referring to a couple of weeks ago, that the topĀ teams often get better. It's clear that Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Utd are outpacing all the chasing teams - the pressure has clearly got to them and opened the playoff door to Villa, ForestĀ and now Preston.Ā 

So Preston v Leeds and Leeds v Villa won't be gimmes, nor will Preston v Sheff Utd. We just have Villa to play on the last day. Lets hope it doesn't matter by then, or maybe we'll just need a point for the Championship titleĀ and we equalize in the 94th minuteĀ šŸ™‚

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.26.05.png

I canā€™t seperate these 2 teams at all, thereā€™s nothing between them really -Ā my gut feeling is that it will end up a 2-2 draw. I suppose a Leeds win would be best, but no result will bother me, IĀ just think that if we want to win the league then we must do it ourselves and prove we have deserved to win it. Rotherham for us will be a tough game in its own right. OTBCĀ 

• Like 1

Still happy with promotion for us. That would be one of the great accomplishments in football. A club with our model and last season's despair to get to theĀ Prem is astonishing.

So it has to be a Leeds win to make the gap, assumingĀ a win at Rotherham, as large as it has been and not many game to go. And even a draw or loss at Rotherham wouldn't make us any worse off.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Still happy with promotion for us. That would be one of the great accomplishments in football. A club with our model and last season's despair to get to theĀ Prem is astonishing.

So it has to be a Leeds win to make the gap, assumingĀ a win at Rotherham, as large as it has been and not many game to go. And even a draw or loss at Rotherham wouldn't make us any worse off.

Have to agree, just put one team to bed, Sheffield to lose, then draw at home to Bristol will help, as todayā€™s game isnā€™t going to be easy, Rotherham have improved recently then Boro......Iā€™d take 3 points from those two or even a couple draws....though Iā€™d like two wins obviously! šŸ‘

On 14/03/2019 at 08:57, Discobolus said:

Whatā€™s considered the best result for Norwich,, I think disregarding winning the league but just getting promoted a Leeds win, if Norwich can get the win at Rotherham that puts Sheff 7 points behind with 8 games to play, with regard to winning the league a draw.

Never thought I world want Leeds to win but I do today. It will give a bigger gap from 2nd to 3rd

Is it my imagination or are the Norwich City playersĀ far more technically superior to these two motley crews?

2 minutes ago, unique said:

Is it my imagination or are the Norwich City playersĀ far more technically superior to these two motley crews?

Depends on the forum youĀ read.

Ā 

I would agree with you, however over on WACCOE....

Baldock should walk for that. Leeds trying to play football to be fair. Blades are ruthless. Chris Wilder said we are a good footballingĀ  side. No wonder, his team have a plan and it doesn't involve anything we do.

Leeds are excellent at dictating tempo- they did it against us but we rose to it. Sheffield haven't done so so far.

I canā€™t see Leeds not winning this. Have dominated the game and tempo for 40 minutes of that first half.Ā 

4 minutes ago, JF said:

I canā€™t see Leeds not winning this. Have dominated the game and tempo for 40 minutes of that first half.Ā 

ShefĀ Utd have had their chances on the break though. Have grown into the game and look dangerous. Leeds sloppy in defence