Discobolus

Leeds v Sheff Utd

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

They're a dogged well orgainzed ,well drilled side Sheff Utd undoubtedly....but quality wise?....all I would say is it would be dissappointing to lose out on automatic promotion to them

As is often the case in games between two teams at the top, neither gets to play the way they ideally want to.

SU are much better than dogged and well drilled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

They're a dogged well orgainzed ,well drilled side Sheff Utd undoubtedly....but quality wise?....all I would say is it would be dissappointing to lose out on automatic promotion to them

Was just about to post this, but was going to upgrade it to 'tragedy'.

58 minutes ago, unique said:

Is it my imagination or are the Norwich City players far more technically superior to these two motley crews?

Lots of huff n puff and not a lot of quality football being played. The nearer it gets to 90 mins then both will settle for a draw me thinks

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

From what I’ve seen, neither are on our level.

Couldn't agree more. Sloppy from both sides. Lack of quality, control, accuracy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

As is often the case in games between two teams at the top, neither gets to play the way they ideally want to.

SU are much better than dogged and well drilled.

I'm not basing that statement on only this game....theyre just one notch up from a Middlesbrough

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not basing that statement on only this game....theyre just one notch up from a Middlesbrough

They really aren't...

Sheff Utd are set up to be hard to beat without being defensive, but have goalscorers of quality.

Basically they are like us under Lambert, we didn't have great quality in the way we do now but players who run thru brick walls and we had Grant Holt.

• Like 1

0-0 and no shots on target. Hard to say which way it will go but could do with Leeds sneaking a win I guess

It is a top of the table Derby match, did anyone seriously expect a high quality game especially involving the blunts?

Are the Blades happy to take a 0-0 or will Wilder gamble a bit? When they attack in numbers they are looking more dangerous than Leeds. 

Surely 0-0 doesn't suit either team.

No matter what our result the best result for us is a Leeds win.  You can lead a horse to water and all that....

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

Just now, king canary said:

I know we should want them to win but I can't help but smile seeing Leeds go behind...

This. 

If Sheff U win and then we win today how many points clear would we be of Leeds, 5?

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sheff Utd smash and grab on the cards.

Have you got the lottery numbers for tonight as well mate?

Begrudging respect to Wilder for shifting Basham into midfield, assuming it wasn't forced by injuries.