Discobolus

Leeds v Sheff Utd

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Think you might want to have another look at your maths there ...

LOL - got ahead of myself there!

Can't get on WACCOE - I think there's a bit of traffic on there ATM!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Even more important to bring 3 points back today if we can. Not the ideal result, but to be honest - is it that bad that now two teams need to better our results in two games rather than one?

.....rather than one in one game and one in three games you mean?

Just now, ricardo said:

There's no denying, that was the worst possible result.

Not necessarily. It’s about what we do - always has been.

• Like 1

We were hoping to be 3 games clear of 3rd, by the end of the day, but we could still be 2 games clear, come 5 o'clock, with only 8 games left to play, so that is 25% of what is left to play for. That's a decent size percentage in any ones book

Just now, norfolkbroadslim said:

.....rather than one in one game and one in three games you mean?

*If* we win today, both teams need to overhaul us by > 1 win don't they?

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Think I’m right that this is 7(?) clean sheets on the bounce for Sheff U

Yes, they've topped the defensive table for a long time now. If you don't concede you only need 1 to win ........... 

Just now, Alex Moss said:
1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Not necessarily. It’s about what we do - always has been.

I was hoping Leeds would win or draw, but looking at their next fixtures and they have lost their goalkeeper for a match and it could be it will be them we will be able to pull away from over the next three or four matches.

Result not the best for us, but hats off to Sheff Utd. Of those two teams only one would do anything in the PL, and it isn't Leeds. Today they looked like an over-achieving mid-table side who is lacking in the needed quality. And surprisingly the home crowd didn't help them much either. Sheff Utd looked very determined and took one of the two clear chances they created.

Having drawn at Carrow Rd, and won at WBA and now Leeds they deserve to be where they are. Over to our boys now....  

Not happy with the result but you have to smile a little at Leeds losing at home.

Also, Sheffield United dont play anywhere near the level of technical football we do. But they arent half just as effective! Always difficult to play against!

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The Leeds manager looks drained in the interview on Sky.

Blimey he just lost it with the interviewer!

The negativity on here is unbelievable. Who cares what Leeds or Sheffield are doing? We're top. We could be 4 points clear at 5PM today. We've won 9 of the last 10. We've got a decent looking run-in. As long as we keep doing what we've been doing for most of the season, no-one else matters.

• Like 4

Not the best result for us but it's about what we do from here. I genuinely believe that we will win the league, but we have a couple of tricky games ahead of us, Rotherham being one of them. We will be top tonight, regardless.

5 wins needed from 9... we can drop points without crashing here. We've put ourselves into that position.

Just had a quick look at motforum and the number of posts going on about how unlucky they've been all season is astounding!

If they don't go up this year I wouldn't be surprised to see bielsa off and them slip back to midtable next season, this is their chance, if they stuff it up now they could rival Ipswich for the longevity record...

On 15/03/2019 at 12:39, Bill said:

That is part of my thought re a Sheff Utd win. I think they pose a lesser threat so a win will peg Leeds back.

Though I think a draw would best suit over a Sheff Utd win.

great stuff

we are still ahead, and the title is ours to take

sheff utd have bristol and preston next so my thought there is that we can increase our lead to 7 points going into the last six games and as long as we match leeds  it will be 5 points over those six games for them to make up

we've come this far and we deserve the title, not playing second fiddle and watching the gob****e leeds take the title

courage, mon braves...courage

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

I'm going to go ahead and deny it: this was the best result for our chances of winning the title. We are 4 points clear on 2nd with only 8 games left. It's in our own hands.