Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Buendia is ****ing OUTRAGEOUS!

6 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

This churlish Binner doesn't like the praise Emi is getting. None of his blue mates have answered his thread though - maybe they get it.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/455280/unbelievable-about-norwich-news-tonight-comparing-the-young-norwichargentinian/#0

The first response just comes across as bitter, mind you, that's no surprise given the tosh they've had to witness this season. 

6 hours ago, BaltimoreBird said:

May have missed it, but haven't seen the love for Pukki's pull back, and his back heel are nearly next-level as well on that goal. Unbelievable.

Yes, Pukki is pretty amazing too - his ability at providing chances for others with superb lay offs is second to none - his combined stats are 24 goals 8 assists which is pretty amazing.  The backheel was just spot on and Emi made that run because he knew Pukki would be able to put him in on goal. 

27 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11674055

Quite a good little read. Some things i wasn’t aware about him. Can overlook some glaring mistakes in the article nearer the end though haha. 

Did you mean this bit where the highlighted words should say 'hopeless neanderthals'.

image.png.867384fb698702fec6c4935a9e79540b.png

He's brilliant. He's just brilliant. I love that he's got the technical quality combined with the dogged passion. He's only going to get better and he's the type of player that will flourish in the Premier League. He's also the kind of player that rich teams throw silly money at. A real asset. I have slight concerns with how he'll react next season when we're not winning games so much. Will he be able to control his frustrations? He's got a rogue tackle or two in him.

• Like 2

He is 110% a Premier League player, no question marks over the step up, he already has all the tools needed - he could play for anyone as far as I’m concerned, but fortunately he’s playing for US! I predict him to be a big hit in the the PL next year, assuming we finish the job!

6 hours ago, splendidrush said:

From what I've seen, read and heard, he get my vote for POTS, sheer genius. 

👍

Absolutely spot on SR.

It's a good job the Mrs and I have finished having children, otherwise there would be a very real chance that I'd be demanding we named one Emiliano. I love Emi.

(maybe Moritz too).

Edited by All the Germans

On 04/04/2019 at 12:04, splendidrush said:

From what I've seen, read and heard, he get my vote for POTS, sheer genius. 

He's gotta be up there hasn't he, but how can we ignore the importance of Pukki. The man of steel Zimmerman. The explosion of MA at right back which has been nothing short of sensational. Whoever wins will do so on merit, but what a team performance it's been this season.

Totally agree with all the positive comments, he’s a real gem who not only has a very good football brain, skill and composure but his work rate is outstanding.

The complete player in the making.

Have to add he looks like he’s loving life here at Norwich and hopefully he & the likes of Hernandez will be like Hucks and commit to Norwich for a long time.

On 04/04/2019 at 19:39, All the Germans said:

It's a good job the Mrs and I have finished having children, otherwise there would be a very real chance that I'd be demanding we named one Emiliano. I love Emi.

(maybe Moritz too).

We got a cat at Christmas and I negotiated Emi as the name.

On 04/04/2019 at 10:12, Michael Starr said:

He's brilliant. He's just brilliant. I love that he's got the technical quality combined with the dogged passion. He's only going to get better and he's the type of player that will flourish in the Premier League. He's also the kind of player that rich teams throw silly money at. A real asset. I have slight concerns with how he'll react next season when we're not winning games so much. Will he be able to control his frustrations? He's got a rogue tackle or two in him.

Unfortunately, that's kinda confirmed my fear today, but hopefully he'll learn from this.

It’s amazing the red card has taken so long. Emi Buendia has taken so much stick all season he’s entitled to a three game rest.

Good on him!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

He will learn will be missed but we have capable players to fill his roll

Exactly, I’m not concerned at all. Was guilty of being too enthusiastic, nothing more - he gives his all all over the pitch. Reading and Wigan next - I’m confident we’ll win them with or without Emi. He’ll have fresh legs for his return, may even work out to our advantage.

I don't think his tackle was as bad as some think. Yes it  was silly and illegal but I don't think he caught the bloke any more or worse than a normal foul.

But he had been kicked from pillar to post and one just seconds earlier that was not dissimilar to his. That is no excuse but i think is a reason.

And I don't want him to lose his spirit. SKY said he has made the most tackles of any Norwich player this season so he is so valuable with his attitude.

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't think his tackle was as bad as some think. Yes it  was silly and illegal but I don't think he caught the bloke any more or worse than a normal foul.

But he had been kicked from pillar to post and one just seconds earlier that was not dissimilar to his. That is no excuse but i think is a reason.

And I don't want him to lose his spirit. SKY said he has made the most tackles of any Norwich player this season so he is so valuable with his attitude.

Spot on, all of it.

His tackle was rash, but no worse that several others that attracted nothing more than a free kick - the Liestner foul on Emi was almost identical - in fact arguably worse because he actually made contact. The fact that it was punished with just a free kick and Aarons being cleaned out (totally unpunished) immediately prior to Emi's tackle is typical of the totally inconsistent and carp refereeing we have seen week in/week out this season.

Think Emi has all the qualities needed to flourish in the Premiership, he will learn and hopefully will also benefit from a better standard of referee as well. The Championship is brilliant, better than the Premiership in many ways but standard of referees isn't one of them!

And yet the team are expected to be as good without him and anyone who can't step up should have endless criticism and be sent out on loan next season....

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And yet the team are expected to be as good without him and anyone who can't step up should have endless criticism and be sent out on loan next season....

To be fair to Cantwell, I’ve never seen him as a replacement for Emi, but a replacement for Steipermann. I thinks it’s unfair to avery good young player in Cantwell.

Friday I’d like to see us go with two strikers as I don’t think we can replace Emi orthe system without him.

Edited by Indy

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Who said we’re expected be as good without him? Where’s the endless criticism? All I’ve seen is debate and opinion on a football forum.

Silly me, whatever next

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

To be fair to Cantwell, I’ve never seen him as a replacement for Emi, but a replacement for Steipermann. I thinks it’s unfair to avery good young player in Cantwell.

Friday I’d like to see us go with two strikers as I don’t think we can replace Emi orthe system without him.

It would have to be Pukki and Srbeny Indy as Rhodes won't be allowed to play against his parent club. (I wouldn't be too bothered about Denis playing myself as I think he's looked good whenever he's come on this season - but I'm sure some others would disagree). 

22 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Who said we’re expected be as good without him? Where’s the endless criticism? All I’ve seen is debate and opinion on a football forum.

Silly me, whatever next

I've already listed loads of them and had this same conversation with Wolfie. I've got no axe to grind with anything you or wolfie posted so have no idea why you are so defensive about it. 

Anyway, it's my opinion, so silly me whatever next🙃

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It would have to be Pukki and Srbeny Indy as Rhodes won't be allowed to play against his parent club. (I wouldn't be too bothered about Denis playing myself as I think he's looked good whenever he's come on this season - but I'm sure some others would disagree). 

Damn I forgot.......well I’m all for going two up top, I think we need to be more attacking and without Emi we’re not fluent or quick enough in transition from front to back.

Maybe we need to move Steipermann to the wing and play Vrancic?

Gotta be Vrancic in for where Stiep is and move stiep out to the wing in my book. Narrow attacking mid 3, compact midfield to take cotrol of the game. If we struggle to break them down, get Cantwell into the mix and Rhodes in a 4-2-2-2

13 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Gotta be Vrancic in for where Stiep is and move stiep out to the wing in my book. Narrow attacking mid 3, compact midfield to take cotrol of the game. If we struggle to break them down, get Cantwell into the mix and Rhodes in a 4-2-2-2

And I say again Tetteys Jig - Rhodes can't play against Sheffield Wednesday (as he came from there on loan). 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

41 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I've already listed loads of them and had this same conversation with Wolfie. I've got no axe to grind with anything you or wolfie posted so have no idea why you are so defensive about it. 

Anyway, it's my opinion, so silly me whatever next🙃

Fair enough. I didn’t actually read through the Todd thread until about an hour ago as when it first started the OP was ridiculous enough to warrant just ignoring it completely.

I have however made comments about Cantwell I stand by. He’s been the weakest of the front 4, we have better players on the bench who have proven their worth when brought on (and for large parts of the season) and we’re at a stage we need to finish the job off with a couple of wins.

• Like 1