Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Buendia is ****ing OUTRAGEOUS!

This kid is up there with Hoolahan, the two most technical footballers that have ever graced Carrow Rd. Some of the stuff he did tonight was just beyond ridiculous, he was on a different level. He will set the Premier League on fire, make no mistake - I’m blown away by the technique he displayed this evening, scary!

• Like 4

Agreed 100% Alex, how our recruitment team found him is beyond me.  I am a massive fan of Wes who is a club legend, but TBH I think Emi is a more complete player lacking some of Wes's limitations.

That flick last night was just sublime.

I saw Maradona play in person at Wembley in 1981 when he was just coming into the Argentine national side and although England won, every time Maradona got the ball it was terrifying because you knew he could do stuff which the defenders couldn't deal with. Buendia has a similar ability to receive the ball under pressure and just step past a challenge and open things up. 

We are so lucky as City fans right now :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

I saw Maradona play in person at Wembley in 1981 when he was just coming into the Argentine national side and although England won, every time Maradona got the ball it was terrifying because you knew he could do stuff which the defenders couldn't deal with. Buendia has a similar ability to receive the ball under pressure and just step past a challenge and open things up. 

Wow! That's huge praise ICF.

One thing about Emi that will elevate him above Wes (eventually) in my opinion is the fact that he doesn't have a weak foot!

Outrageous play yesterday for sure! What a lad!

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

One thing about Emi that will elevate him above Wes (eventually) in my opinion is the fact that he doesn't have a weak foot!

Outrageous play yesterday for sure! What a lad!

Not forgetting that little bit of extra pace, never Wes' strongest suit. Love Wes, but Emi is another level of good.

• Like 1

I wouldn't compare him to Wes. Different era, different players, different formation. Like for like I would compare him more with Maddison, same coach etc and say that at the moment he is as good as Maddison if not better. Maddison wanted to do everything from tossing the coin to taking penalties, throw ins, free kicks, cleaning the showers because that was his personality and you couldn't miss him.

Emi is no shrinking violet as his willingness not to be bullied shows but he is more of a team player. His energy in still closing down late on in the game speaks volumes for his attitude. We seem to think skilled can't or won't work hard but he is non stop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We seem to think skilled can't or won't work hard but he is non stop.

The Duracell Bueni !!!🐰

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wouldn't compare him to Wes. Different era, different players, different formation. Like for like I would compare him more with Maddison, same coach etc and say that at the moment he is as good as Maddison if not better. Maddison wanted to do everything from tossing the coin to taking penalties, throw ins, free kicks, cleaning the showers because that was his personality and you couldn't miss him.

Emi is no shrinking violet as his willingness not to be bullied shows but he is more of a team player. His energy in still closing down late on in the game speaks volumes for his attitude. We seem to think skilled can't or won't work hard but he is non stop.

Spot on, I cant recall us having a player with his level of skill who is also prepared to get stuck in. He is so confident at the moment he probably believes he can play in goal as well, at all the same time.

Its a privilege to watch the guy and long may it continue 🤞

55 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Totally agree KG. Perhaps not on the fact that Emi is more like Maddison, but I get what you mean. He wants to take corners and some set-pieces but I'm not sure his dead ball ability from freekicks, for example, is as good as Madders is. Yet.

However, last point is spot on. My goodness he's a terrier!

Am i right that by avoiding a yellow card last night, he's now exempt from suspension for the rest of the season?

Am i right that by avoiding a yellow card last night, he's now exempt from suspension for the rest of the season?

Never though of that. I hope so. He is one player, maybe with Pukki, who we don't have cover for.

12 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Terrific bit of footwork by Pukki too😉

When its going for you why not make hay?

Unbelievably talented and he works very hard as well. A joy to watch.

5 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Agreed 100% Alex, how our recruitment team found him is beyond me.  I am a massive fan of Wes who is a club legend, but TBH I think Emi is a more complete player lacking some of Wes's limitations.

That flick last night was just sublime.

Apparently he was identified by the statistical analysis and then Webber and Farke went to watch him - I remember Webber saying they missed the first game due to plane disruption but followed it up in subsequent games. Apparently his stats showed him as over-performing in the Spanish second division so the scouting team watched quite a bit of him.

I would be curious to know who else in the various leagues they consider to be over-performing.

9 minutes ago, Jack Barak said:

I would be curious to know who else in the various leagues they consider to be over-performing.

Ipswich?

• Haha 4

I remember the Wigan (H) game early on in the season, he had a bit of a stinker first half and kept giving the ball away. Guy behind me in the Jarrold shouts "f*ck off back to Spain". I turned around and just shook my head, "Oh you think he's good do you?!" was his response.

Wonder what he thinks of him now.

2 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Thanks for that Lapps, I now have a profile pic!

Edited by cornish sam
  • Like 1

If as we all hope we make it to PL I can see Emi becoming a fully fledged Argentinian international. And Playing for Norwich too ! 

Have been super impressed by him all season. He’s such an amazing footballer who can bring a bit of magic. Last night that pass was wonderful. I don’t think he’ll be with us long but if we can keep him for premiership next season that would be great. 

There is of course one thing he’s not good at and that’s being substituted! He hates it and it’s almost every game at home.

OTBC

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yellowandgreen said:

There is of course one thing he’s not good at and that’s being substituted! He hates it and it’s almost every game at home.

Not if we're losing!! But yeah,have noticed he doesn't take kindly to it. 

The boy has spiwit! And couwage!!

That flick on last night and follow up run and neat nutmeg of the keeper will, I feel sure, be one of the defining moments of our season. 

Given the Leeds/Sheff U fixture to follow, a win last night was what was required.

This incredible passage of play between Emi & Teemu will be seen in retrospect as so meaningful (as one of many) this season. 

Just seen the highlights. From my limited views of our games this season he does seem to have grown with every game. He could have scored 4 or 5 from that highlight reel. A steal for what we paid for him.

Pukki, Hernandez, Buendia and Stiepermann (not to mention Trybull) have been real finds

And still only £2.05 on football index. Will definitely be making me some money! The flick last night added 20p alone 😊

May have missed it, but haven't seen the love for Pukki's pull back, and his back heel are nearly next-level as well on that goal. Unbelievable.

Edited by BaltimoreBird