Van wink

Who got Moritz's hat?

So the dodgy bobble hat, looked a bit scraggy to me, got returned to its greatful owners pate, and Moritz kindly threw his own bandana into the crowd. Did it end up on Delia's head?

it was quite funny throwing the hat around I must admit, good spirit in the crowd last night😀

24 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Michael Bailey is not impressed with this, watch his video report after the game

Just had a look at that CK, I enjoy his reports. 

I have to say that I have some sympathy with his point about subs, we were looking a bit tired, possibly mentally tired, and thats why the goal was conceded. I dont think the goal had anything to do with the crowd chanting about a hat, at least we were chanting rather than sitting quielty and nervously as Hull came back into the game, which does sometimes happen.

It was a bit of fun, Rhodes however did look a bit bemused when this was going on, I'm not sure if his reaction was because he dissaproved or because he didnt understand what was happening. Perhaps if he had sung a song he would have felt better.😉

I understand MB's comments about complacency, its a fine line between enjoying a game, having a laugh, and being complacent. Its certainly true, as I have said previously, that if we are to make it this season the crowd  has a very important part to play over the coming weeks.

Edited by Van wink

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I understand MB's comments about complacency, its a fine line between enjoying a game, having a laugh, and being complacent. Its certainly true, as I have said previously, that if we are to make it this season the crowd  has a very important part to play over the coming weeks.

This.  We are not over the line yet and the crowd is an important component in the scheme of things.  3-1 became 3-2 at the end of the hat thing....young players on the pitch.......maybe distracted, even if only sub-consciously, by something different going in the crowd?  

It's about focus. Fans as well as players.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This.  We are not over the line yet and the crowd is an important component in the scheme of things.  3-1 became 3-2 at the end of the hat thing....young players on the pitch.......maybe distracted, even if only sub-consciously, by something different going in the crowd?  

It's about focus. Fans as well as players.

"maybe distracted, even if only sub-consciously, by something different going in the crowd? "

I'm not sure I can agree with that, not by somebody throwing a bobble hat around in the snakepit and the City Stand.

The chanting was things like "Delia Delia wear the hat".....😀.   

It was a bit of a distraction from a ‘watching’ perspective as I wasn’t sure what was going on - and was trying to watch the game as could see we might concede if we weren’t careful - but it definitely shouldn’t have been a distraction to the players (....if it’s that easy then perhaps supporters of other sides will start chanting about hats and our form will nosedive?!).

There is maybe something to be said  about a degree of complacency seeping in to (some of) the supporters, but I guess at 3-1 you ought to think you’re ok.

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

"maybe distracted, even if only sub-consciously, by something different going in the crowd? "

I'm not sure I can agree with that, not by somebody throwing a bobble hat around in the snakepit and the City Stand.

The chanting was things like "Delia Delia wear the hat".....😀.   

The chanting was actually 'give it to Delia' which made me feel a bit weird... :classic_unsure:

I agree with the fact we shouldn't have been concentrating on where a hat was going, instead continued to cheer on the team and actually watch the game. When that hat thing happened, the entire Barclay was pretty much looking over to the City stand and not watching the game. It was pretty dumb. But funny.

I think...

Being in the Barclay I found it a bit distracting and in a sense it clearly shows a sense of complacency from the crowd because people are concentrating on antics on the touchline rather than the match itself, which was clearly far from won. It's a bit disrespectful to the players, I suppose.

I accept it probably didn't have a direct impact on the second Hull goal, but equally it didn't help us. And quite tangibly it must make it a bit uncomfortable for the subs who don't want to look humourless (which I accept I'm looking like in typing this, but hey ho) and ignore the banter, but equally are trying to focus on their warm up in case they have to come on. In future we'd be better just urging City on and save chanting about hats etc till we're four or five goals ahead.

(Btw, I do realise that this isn't a major issue and I don't feel that strongly about it, but as we're always keen to give constructive criticism on here to various players, then I guess it's ok to do the same to the crowd...)

• Like 1

How dare the naughty crowd have a little bit of fun unrelated to the football on the pitch?!

I personally felt it was just a reaction to the relief felt when we went 3-1 up - an over-relaxation if you like. Certainly it was very nervy early in the second half.

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

The chanting was actually 'give it to Delia' which made me feel a bit weird... :classic_unsure:

I agree with the fact we shouldn't have been concentrating on where a hat was going, instead continued to cheer on the team and actually watch the game. When that hat thing happened, the entire Barclay was pretty much looking over to the City stand and not watching the game. It was pretty dumb. But funny.

I think...

There were actually several different chants, one being "Delia show us your hat"....which I misheard at first and it made me feel very uncomfortable.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

How dare the naughty crowd have a little bit of fun unrelated to the football on the pitch?!

Fair point, I realise that my comment sounded somewhat po-faced!

(We should know by now though that the footballing gods almost always punish what they perceive as fan smugness... We need not to offend them, at least until we're promoted!)

1 minute ago, Grando said:

Fair point, I realise that my comment sounded somewhat po-faced!

(We should know by now though that the footballing gods almost always punish what they perceive as fan smugness... We need not to offend them, at least until we're promoted!)

You're not wrong though - I still remember the Barclay chanting "We are top of the league" when we went 2-1 up against Millwall!

34 minutes ago, Van wink said:

There were actually several different chants, one being "Delia show us your hat"....which I misheard at first and it made me feel very uncomfortable.

Didn't hear that one!

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Didn't hear that one!

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Didn't hear that one!

Probably best, it upset me😀

• Haha 1