Alex Moss

Norwich City v Hull City match thread

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

They have had two shots on target and scored two. Oh my, that's worrying!

We've been a bit like that at home all season. Nasty nasty going forward but always prone to shipping goals.

OTBC

We should have scored 8 and conceded none there tonight.  A gulf in class between the two sides, not that you'd know from the score, but that's football for you.  Absolutely gifted them the two goals, the first was bad, the second beyond criminal.

However, 3 points, ploughing on towards the 80 point mark and Leeds and Sheff Utd are playing each other this weekend 👍

Just now, Darth Canary1 said:

And breathe

This. I haven't been this nervous through a game for a while.

Well done City. Do it easier next time😀

We are so lucky to have the best player in the Championship. Emi Buendia. The lad is such a tremendous player and is now adding goals to his repertoire. The third goal was a contender for goal of the season and some of his vision when passing is top quality.

Some of play was sublime tonight while sometimes the passing broke down. I was surprised McLean started and I wonder if after the break we need to take a look at the Boro game and may just change it in that position.

Still top, results are all that matter but another 3 goals so who's complaining.

Our play is fluid and composed but we do like doing things the slightly hard way.

Makes me believe now that we can nail down a top two spot. 

This was a big win and was so important.

Edited by sonyc

I've been getting a lot of stick on other threads for saying that Leeds and Sheffield Utd are better than us in important respects, a story the stats have been telling throughout the season, and still are telling. Do people really think that either Leeds or Sheffield Utd would keep letting sides back into the game with the regularity that we do? 

Back on top. But... too much showboating from some of our players and Pukki has peaked. He was very poor in front of goal. Changes for the next game are absolutely necessary. We made an easy win into a hard win and other teams will pick up on this.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

We are so lucky to have the best player in the Championship. Emi Buendia. The lad is such a tremendous player and is now adding goals to his repertoire. The third goal was a contender for goal of the season and some of his vision when passing is top quality.

Some of play was sublime tonight while sometimes the passing broke down. I was surprised McLean started and I wonder if after the break we need to take a look at the Boro game and may just change it in that position.

Still top, results are all that matter but another 3 goals so who's complaining.

Yep. Yet another 3 goals.

Buendia is such an improvement on Wes. Never thought I could write that. This lad never gives up. He harries the opposition. He is a real pest and a handful to defenders. He possesses a rare quality too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I've been getting a lot of stick on other threads for saying that Leeds and Sheffield Utd are better than us in important respects, a story the stats have been telling throughout the season, and still are telling. Do people really think that either Leeds or Sheffield Utd would keep letting sides back into the game with the regularity that we do? 

Well clearly they let teams into games more than we do as we have won more games.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Buendia is such an improvement on Wes. Never thought I could write that. This lad never gives up. He harries the opposition. He is a real pest and a handful to defenders. He possesses a rare quality too. 

Now hang on there just a gosh darn minute! I love Emi but that is a bit strong.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

We outperform Leeds and Sheffield Utd in one very important respect at the moment: the number of games where we score more goals than the opposition. 🤣

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Well clearly they let teams into games more than we do as we have won more games.

And lost less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Buendia is a terrific attacking player but needs to improve his awareness of danger areas in which to avoid giving the ball away. Many of Hull's turn overs and counters started with Emi taking a chance with a layoff or covered pass. You could say he is as bad as Wes in the respect (not to mention the heart-attack inducing challenges he makes in the penalty area.

You are one for stats. And the table says they have lost two more game than us. So in what way are we better than them rather than the negative.

2 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

So, who is a Leeds supporter come Saturday lunchtime?

Said on another thread that I believe it Leeds win and we do the business at Rotherham that’s us as good as up imo. Can’t see us letting a 7 point lead slip in those final games. 

• Like 1