Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Kenton

Just to get back to footballing matters , we have a problem at right back at present (I know there are other probem areas - just thought i''d focus on this one).

Louis-Jean  - too injury prone

Colin - too green and prone to errors

Wright - wont be staying past his loan (would you ? )

Flem - likely to be centre back for a while after Saturday.

Does anyone know whats happened to Kenton ? Last I heard he was languishing in Soton reserves after playing the end of last season out on loan at Leicester.

I''d love to see him and Worthy bury the hatchet and come back - as I recall he was pretty warm at centre back too.

Any thoughts ?

Yes, let him stay at Southampton. Unles he has improved his positional sense and his lazy attitude, he would be another overpaid waste of space!

Maverick,

I totally agree mate, I wrote an article on here weeks ago in which I claimed that Worthington has built a useless defence. He has not brought in any decent young defenders. I quoted "You''ll never beat the Kenton" in my article and stated how nice it would be to have a defender of his quality here now, one that you have the same trust in! The last I heard he was on loan at Leicester. Me and my mate were saying at the start of the season, he would be a great player to bring in for this season. 

Unfortunately while this idiot is in charge he will not be and if  Flem does end up playing centre back it wont matter anyway, he has been past it since our title season. Wright looks a great player would like to see him stay.

an attacking full back who chipped in with the odd goal, was fast, strong and had a good tackle... lets have him back!

jas :)

if he was any good then why isnt he being played at all at Soton? i think we should just get rid of Louis Jean, Wright, Charlton, Colin and Brennan and spend some cash on decent full backs who stop the crosses coming in.

I''d love to get Kenton back but it won''t happen with Worthy as manager as the two fell out big time (alledgedly). He was outstanding at centre back but as well know as frustrating at times in terms of concentration and commitment. Also, you have to wonder what is important to him, money or playing first team football. He seems ''happy enough'' to see out his career in reserve football unfortunately.

Get a nnew manager in at Carrow Road and we could get him back. I''m sure he''d then jump at the chance to return.  

Wouldn''t have him. He left on a freebie, wouldn''t repay the club who gave him his chance - just like Marshall.

Hasn''t been able to hack it at Southampton, whichever manager he''s been under.

Only played this season in fizzy lager cup - oh, and when 3 right-backs in front of him were injured, or suspended.

Fell out with team over breaking curfew, just the sort of committed individual we need to get out of this mess!

In reply to all on here he is playing for Southampton, he has reached the mighty total of 2 appearances this season. I''m not sure if this is in some way due to injury.

In my opinion a quality player and the best defender we have had in defence for a long time, but we also all know the health warnings that come with Kenton in the championship with regard to mid week away days to glamorous places such as Grimsby. Still head and shoulders better than MLJ and Colin.

I''d have him back IF he could reproduce the form he had when he was with us in the first place.  I''m not sure if he could do this.  He hasn''t played regular football for so long now and from what I saw of him at Leicester on loan last season, he looked pretty shakey

id liek to think Kents would get a good reception.. i''ll certainly applaud.. he might of fallen out with Worthy but he had some good times with us and was one of the Players who got us to cardiff

jas :)