Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 33

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus

This week we have DJ11 making the selections for the final six. DJ’s been fantastic in his first season with us 22/31 winning picks at a profitability of 2.1. DJ also helped swell our pot with a fantastic pledge last season. This season he’s done the same with a pledge that will boost our next presentation pot. DJ has become a very valuable asset to our great team of PUPs so let’s help him get a winning week with our very best selections from the games played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend listed on the Bill Hill or Bet 365 sites.

This week we have Kathy making the final selections for our game at Rotherham. Kathy is a great supporter of all our initiatives and adds a few of her own like yesterday’s insurance policy which added £32.43 to the pot. Kathy, who is our reigning profitability champion, has a previous win when making these picks as well as two wins picking the final six. Let’s help her to another win with some great suggestions for Saturday’s game. Good luck Kathy, you have a tenner to spend split however you choose between the PUPs suggestions and your own.

I’ve provisionally set the rota for April. As always please let me know with your selections if the dates are ok

Six Results

06/04/19 – Lappinitup

13/04/19 – GMF

20/04/19 – Hoola Han Solo

27/04/19 – Feedthewolf

05/05/19 – Norfolkbroadslim

Norwich Selections

06/04/19 – Special Guest

13/04/19 – Daz Sparks

20/04/19 – Hammond1612

27/04/19 – ZLF

Breaking News....Prior to the QPR fixture our wonderful DS guys and girls will be playing a showcase match at Carrow Park and we will have the opportunity to make our annual presentation.

In addition to this up to six pups have also been invited to enjoy CSF and the DS team on the pitch at halftime.

Can you please let me know if you can attend the presentation and/or would like to go on the pitch. I will need to know the area of the ground you are sitting in.

Here are some pictures from our wonderful DS boys and girls fixture at Millwall : -

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people playing sport and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sport and outdoor

We would like to say a massive thank you to these companies who support our work to raise funds for the CSF and our wonderful Downe's Syndrome Team of boys and girls : -

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

If any other companies out there would also like to support our efforts, we'll be happy to add you to our list of links on this thread every week.

So now I’ll hand the thread over to DJ11 and Kathy. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away David and Kathy ... the thread is yours.......

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P'boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,5, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,6, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,4, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,3, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,4, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010,3, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt,2, GMF,3, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary,2, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity,2, Diesel Doris,2, Lessingham Canary, Molly Windley, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy,3, Feedthewolf,2, AJ, JB, PurpleCanary,2, Hoola Han Solo, Diane, Hissing Sid, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £2832 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010,2, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2, Crabbycanary,4, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,2, Woostercanary,3, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell,2, nutty,4, Feedthewolf,2, Lappinitup,4, NWC,2, Hoola Han Solo,3, Twidio,2, Ray, PUPanon,2, Molly Windley, 93vintage,2, ClareW, Van Wink,2, Diane, AJ,2, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture,2, Graham Humphrey,3, Diesel Doris,3, Duncan Edwards,3, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Mr Jenkins, Reggie, Snake-eyes,2, I’m A Banana, ZLF,2, Lake District Canary, norfolkngood, Syteanric, Felixfan, TeamPUPs, First Wazzock,2, Baldyboy, Len, Jamie Abbott,2, King Canary,2, Hissing Sid,2, Hammond1612,2, Lessingham Canary, Indy_Bones, KiwiScot, Crafty Canary,GMF, Mandie Moo, Hansterbubble, Herman, Lincsy, Gregt, yes PUPs £1650 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with Both Teams To Score bets £126

And in honour and remembrance of much loved PUP Chellecity £431 (Of which £50 was donated to SarcomaUK).

And £55 to Prostate Cancer UK with Keelansgrandad.

And with £4,473 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, sponsorships donations and competitions we now have a total of £11,635 since we began £2,042 of which is already banked for the next presentation.

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Portugal for me this week

FC Porto (10-0-2 29-8 at home) v Maritimo (4-1-8 7-14 away) - Home Win

For the match bet, a simple(!) 2-0 win for City.

Best of luck DJ11, Kathy and all you PUPs.

PS, Nutty, I will be around for the presentation. Having done the pitch walk before, I'd let everyone else have a shout, but if you're short I'd love to be considered.

• Like 1

Good afternoon to you Nutty and good luck to DJ11 and Kathy not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.

FA Cup and in the game Swansea v MAN CITY an AWAY WIN.

For the Norwich bet 2 or more goals for HERNANDEZ.

Thanks Nutty. I have just driven up for the game and am not sure if I am more nervous about tonight or trying to pick 6 winners! I do know I will need to rely on all the great posters. I shall post the picks on Friday evening. Once again, thanks for giving me this opportunity. 

Celtic to beat Dundee, our match a 2-1 win with Hernandez scoring. Good luck pups! Eddie I’m good with that date as discussed in the Nelson, will give you a tenner when I see you!

RANGERS vs Kilmarnock

Home win 1/3

Norwich game -

Over 4.5 goals is 9/2

Or if you're feeling adventurous, over 5.5 goals is 10/1

Good luck Dj11 and Kathy

I'm going to go for Dundee v Cerltic away win. Top v second bottom.

For us, I'm going for a 2-0 away win, Pukki to score either goal.

Good luck everyone, particularly Dj11 and Kathy.

Morning all. Not sure I'm the best choice for this with both my PUPs and personal betting record this season! However I'll give it my best shot.

Bayern Munich to recover from their midweek CL exit and beat Mainz for my pick please.

Hi all, off to Bosnia and Herzegovina this week with Sarajevo vs. Krupa na Vrbasu (home win).

For the Rotherham game I'm going to go for a City win with Hernandez to score first.

Best of luck everyone! 👍

Apples

A game in Denmark for DJ : -

FC Copenhagen          v          Hobro          Home Win

And for Kathy : -

Norwich to win 3-1

I fancy Solihull Moors to beat Braintree and Norwich H/T and Full Time. 

Scottish League Two.....

Berwick Rangers v Peterhead.......Away win.

For our game.......

Rhodes to score the last goal.

Good luck dj11 and Kathy.

Good luck DJ11

HAJDUK SPLIT v Rudes - HOME WIN in Croatia 

For my good friend Kathy, how about BUENDIA hat-trick @90/1 ???

As ever, good luck to all Pups and thanks to all those who helped win last week.

Leedscanary

West Ham to beat Huddersfield 

Rotherham 1 Norwich 3

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Glancing back at previous week it seems the way forward is to split the pot into several smaller bets so I'll do that too. 

I'm conscious of the fact that one of these days a real long shot is going to come in for the PUPs and I would love that to be me so I'm going to stick my neck out and have a go. I always think back to the 2016  Trump/Brexit/Leicester City treble that came in at one million to one! Kev's Buendia hattrick is tempting but one thing I've noticed this season is that when all the attention is on one player, someoneelse steps up to the plate. So with that in mind:

• £2 Both teams to score
  • £2 3-1 Norwich
  • £2 Pukki to score anytime
  • £2 Rhodes last goal

and 2 x long shots

• £1 Lewis to score any time
  • £1 Rotherham 3 Norwich 4/Rhodes last goal.

OTBC 🙂💚💛

Edited by Kathy

The Nordost-Nord section of the German Oberliga.

Hansa Rostock II to win at home against Malchower SV.

Fifth-placed Hansa Rostock II have an 8-1-0 and 25/6 home record, and have recently won at home against the teams in 1st and 4th places. Malchower SV, bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/29 away record.

The odds, not surprisingly, are short, at 1/12.

Good luck to all!

I'm going for a home win for Ludogorets v. Septemvri Sofia.

Ludogorets are W10 D1 L1 F23 A6 at home and Septemvri Sofia are W2 D1 L9 F11 A24 away.

Good Luck, dj11!

Good Luck with the Norwich Bet, Kathy!

Missed the Norwich bet again - I should probably make sure I get in a bit earlier.  Good luck Kathy.  Would be a good payday if your two long shots came in...

Away from that, I'm going for Leyton Orient to beat Telford in the semi-final, first leg of the FA Trophy tomorrow (cue another 0-0 draw as I am getting good at picking those).

Eddie - I'll try and make the Carrow Park presentation.  Having already had the honour of representing the PUPs on the hallowed turf, I'd very much like others to experience it for themselves this time.  If anyone thinks they might fancy it - go for it, it's great.

I'm so sorry for my absence on this thread. I was off the forum for a good while, then on my return I had a couple of goes and then forgot about it. I happened upon the thread tonight, and noticed my name on the list for the final six on April 27 - call it serendipity.

I will endeavour to post every week forthwith, starting today with:

Bundesliga: Eintracht Frankfurt v Nuremberg - HOME WIN.

Frankfurt boast a decent 6-3-3-27-16 home record, and are unbeaten in all competitions since before Christmas. They've won their last three in the Bundesliga, and are fresh from a stunning win away to Inter in the Europa League last night. Despite their midweek diversions, they should still be too strong for rock-bottom Nuremburg, whose away record is a dismal 0-2-10-8-35. They've not won a game in any competition since September, and have lost eight straight on the road. Odds of 2/5 look rather generous to my eye.

As for the City game, I read with interest that Rotherham's top scorer is Semi Ajayi, a centre half. Doesn't look like the bookies have cottoned on to this, as his odds look pretty standard for a defender. Therefore, if you're feeling speculative, how about Ajayi to score first and Norwich to win at 70/1? Or slightly less speculative, Norwich to win and Ajayi to score any time at 16/1?

The very best of luck to all PUPs, and to our gallant Canaries. It feels good to be home.

• Like 1

Nutty, my 6 picks are as follows:-

Solihull v Braintree

Ludogorets v Septemvri

R.Madrid v Celta Vigo

Hajduk Split v Rudes

Bayern v Mainz

Sarajavo v Krupa

All home wins.

Really appreciate all the help, and have been looking up teams I have never heard of, maybe I need to get out more.

Edited by dj11

37 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm so sorry for my absence on this thread. I was off the forum for a good while, then on my return I had a couple of goes and then forgot about it. I happened upon the thread tonight, and noticed my name on the list for the final six on April 27 - call it serendipity.

I will endeavour to post every week forthwith, starting today with:

Bundesliga: Eintracht Frankfurt v Nuremberg - HOME WIN.

Frankfurt boast a decent 6-3-3-27-16 home record, and are unbeaten in all competitions since before Christmas. They've won their last three in the Bundesliga, and are fresh from a stunning win away to Inter in the Europa League last night. Despite their midweek diversions, they should still be too strong for rock-bottom Nuremburg, whose away record is a dismal 0-2-10-8-35. They've not won a game in any competition since September, and have lost eight straight on the road. Odds of 2/5 look rather generous to my eye.

As for the City game, I read with interest that Rotherham's top scorer is Semi Ajayi, a centre half. Doesn't look like the bookies have cottoned on to this, as his odds look pretty standard for a defender. Therefore, if you're feeling speculative, how about Ajayi to score first and Norwich to win at 70/1? Or slightly less speculative, Norwich to win and Ajayi to score any time at 16/1?

The very best of luck to all PUPs, and to our gallant Canaries. It feels good to be home.

You don't get away Wolfie. Once a PUP always a PUP!

Welcome back buddy🙃

Is Apr 27th ok?

5 hours ago, Kathy said:

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Glancing back at previous week it seems the way forward is to split the pot into several smaller bets so I'll do that too. 

I'm conscious of the fact that one of these days a real long shot is going to come in for the PUPs and I would love that to be me so I'm going to stick my neck out and have a go. I always think back to the 2016  Trump/Brexit/Leicester City treble that came in at one million to one! Kev's Buendia hattrick is tempting but one thing I've noticed this season is that when all the attention is on one player, someoneelse steps up to the plate. So with that in mind:

• £2 Both teams to score
  • £2 3-1 Norwich
  • £2 Pukki to score anytime
  • £2 Rhodes last goal

and 2 x long shots

• £1 Lewis to score any time
  • £1 Rotherham 3 Norwich 4/Rhodes last goal.

OTBC 🙂💚💛

Brilliant selections Kathy, thank you. Will be fun following these while watching on the wireless. I've placed them to our best advantage and here are the details : -

Both teams to score

£2 Bet 365

8/11

£3.45

3-1 Norwich

£2 Bet 365

11/1

£24.00

Pukki to score anytime

£2 Bet 365

10/11

£3.81