Alex Moss

Important announcement tonight...

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Exactly this. Great if he signs a new contract, but announce it at a press conference or just before one so you can get the reaction out of the way at a time that isn't so important.  Tonight the focus should be the match, not the manager......anyway, who's to say the important announcement isn't about something entirely different......

I do know what you are saying, Lakey old chap. What I’m trying to explain is that I think the thinking behind this move would be that 26,000+ supporters will be further buoyed by such good news (should it be announced), thus helping to create an excited and positive atmosphere within Carrow Rd, which would in turn help spur our players on as we approach a pivotal and crucial moment in what has been a truly outstanding season thus far. I don’t believe any focus will be shifted away from the team, performance, and result, whatsoever - it’s just another of Stuart Webber’s clever psychological tricks he’s used this season, and to be fair, the man’s got it pretty spot on so far so anything that can help the Norwich City cause COLLECTIVELY can only be a good thing! 👍. OTBC!

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lakey if you don't think such an announcement would lift the crowd even more to get behind the team you are reading a different hymn sheet to those going to the game.

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

you have hit nail on head, those that go will def be up for it and get behind any such announcement,

21 minutes ago, JF said:

I watched the Swansea game on the telly and it was noted by the commentators how edgy and nervous the atmosphere was and that it seemed to be effecting the players. Tonight the fans need to be behind the players creating a positive atmosphere from kick off. If this announcement enhances that then fantastic 

I'm 100% sure that if Lakey had been able to be at the match on Friday, from the moment they came out of the tunnel he would have been giving the players the support they have since said they lacked; and equally sure that if he were able to be at the match tonight, he wouldn't need any special announcement to spur him into doing the same again.

Any chance we can draw a line on the pile on for Lakey? It’s getting boring now, and one thing we should all have learnt is that he won’t stop posting, no matter how much flak he gets.  😴

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Any chance we can draw a line on the pile on for Lakey? It’s getting boring now, and one thing we should all have learnt is that he won’t stop posting, no matter how much flak he gets.  😴

Is that the "Norwich City fan at Carrow Road" emoticon Nuff?

• Haha 2

One thing I will comment on though is the urging for the crowd to be vocal to help with edgy games. Farke seems to think we will have very close games ahead, which is true, including tonight's game possibly. But it is a subtle shift in 'message'. Therefore, I could see why it is felt we need a boost. I can understand both opinions on this matter. I just hope we return to our smooth play with incisive attacks and that the real motivation tonight is to go top with 2nd and 3rd playing each other on Saturday. I think a win tonight is pivotal of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

One thing I will comment on though is the urging for the crowd to be vocal to help with edgy games. Farke seems to think we will have very close games ahead, which is true, including tonight's game possibly. But it is a subtle shift in 'message'. Therefore, I could see why it is felt we need a boost. I can understand both opinions on this matter. I just hope we return to our smooth play with incisive attacks and that the real motivation tonight is to go top with 2nd and 3rd playing each other on Saturday. I think a win tonight is pivotal of course.

I’ve been thinking all day that a win tonight and again Saturday coupled with Leeds beating shef will see us as all but promoted barring a complete collapse in form. I just can’t see us losing a 7 point lead with our run in

1 minute ago, JF said:

I’ve been thinking all day that a win tonight and again Saturday coupled with Leeds beating shef will see us as all but promoted barring a complete collapse in form. I just can’t see us losing a 7 point lead with our run in

Nor me JF. Tonight is huge. I expect to win at Rotherham and believe Leeds have far more momentum and are far the superior team to Sheff Utd. Like you, I believe if we get that 7 point gap to 3rd, it becomes heavily an odds-on proposition.

I wonder why they want us in the ground before 19.30?......Hope it's ......"WE NEED A TWELFTH MAN HERE! WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?......LET'S BE HAVIN' YOU!".......'HIC!'.......

• Like 1

@sonyc

Tonight is huge, not just for the reasons you give, but also because, if we can beat Hull (as opposed to the draw we got in the reverse fixture), it will give us a bit of extra insurance against possibly dropping points in the 'Boro game. 

Hull are a good side with a canny manager and dangerous offensive players (Grosicki, Campbell, Bowen) and a keeper quite capable of putting in an inspired performance against a former club. 

Edited by westcoastcanary

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wonder why they want us in the ground before 19.30?......Hope it's ......"WE NEED A TWELFTH MAN HERE! WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?......LET'S BE HAVIN' YOU!".......'HIC!'.......

That would be one way of getting onto “the radar”. The media coverage would be huge.

3 hours ago, Andy G said:

Rumour has it we've signed a dutch striker for a record fee who'll take us to the next level.... not mentioning any names
#feefthewolf

Do not feef me. Especially not after midnight.

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What I said.  The state of the manager's contract has nothing to do with the match tonight.

Don't worry Lakey I'm sure you'll be proved right when we put in a poor performance and don't score early....

...oh.

10 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I think we've lost our focus LDC

Im sure the players found out with the fans too. They definitely wouldnt have already been aware. How distracting.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

God help us if we lose tonight because you can bet that Lakey will be along pointing the finger at the announcement .

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

I think we've lost our focus LDC

And "the kettle is black" award goes to...

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1