Alex Moss

Important announcement tonight...

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh and if you need a boost for some reason, the team can give us that with a good performance. 

Well that’s obvious! The whole point is that a great atmosphere from happy supporters when the players come out on the pitch is very likely to enhance our chances of that good performance, whilst making it somewhat more difficult for Hull! 🤦🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why aren't you happy now?

My face is a cross between Bill Oddie’s and Frank Spencer’s, and my missus looks like Audrey Hepburn  - trust me, Lakey, I am very happy now!

• Like 1

Has no one considered that Farke and Webber are to be sacked and the announcement is the long awaited return of the Messiah?

Anyone apart from Big Vince, that is. 

Edited by Rock The Boat

My guess is the “low key” public attitude up till now reflects the fact that discussions have been ongoing in the background, but slowed by uncertainty as to which division we’ll be in next season and also I’m sure the Board have wanted to avoid it being a distraction for DF.

if announced tonight it’s definitely a big deal and imo shows there’s no doubt the club want DF next season (however this one ends) and they’ve agreed how it will work if we are, or aren’t, promoted.

thats my guess anyway.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nope, I don't get it. It's a distraction.

A distraction might not be a bad thing. I'm fixated on winning each game and it's stressing me out so anything that can distract from the importance of this game is good.

Tho if I recall when they announced signing huckerby the next 90mins were as poor as I remember us playing 

• Haha 1

Heard on the grapevine that Farke and Webber had an overnight sortie into Suffolk to wrangle the Ipswich mascot Bluey. Farke is going to ride it round the Carra pre match to whip up the atmosphere and celebrate our 10 years of derby day dominance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The new "Mind the Gap-ometer" will be unveiled and then updated prior to each home match starting.

Apples

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I very much remember how announcing Huckerby before the game on Boxing Day was huge distraction that led to us losi....oh wait we won.

Wasn't the arrival of David Cross announced just before a game?

47 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

My guess is the “low key” public attitude up till now reflects the fact that discussions have been ongoing in the background, but slowed by uncertainty as to which division we’ll be in next season and also I’m sure the Board have wanted to avoid it being a distraction for DF.

if announced tonight it’s definitely a big deal and imo shows there’s no doubt the club want DF next season (however this one ends) and they’ve agreed how it will work if we are, or aren’t, promoted.

thats my guess anyway.

It's a more tolerable uncertainty than the one that is Brexit. But if sorted tonight it's one worry less!

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It's a more tolerable uncertainty than the one that is Brexit. But if sorted tonight it's one worry less!

Brexit ?  Can't say I'd noticed that was still rumbling on :classic_cool:

I have the feeling that if Webber was PM it would have been sorted by now 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's about focus - haven't you been listening to Farke all these months?

You’re talking 💩💩💩

5 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

But don't you see that's it? Only the other way round. We lack a chairman since Balls left. And his replacement is going to be...massive drum roll...Theresa May!!!

After the great success she has made of Brexit (she has hasn't she? I haven't really been following it) there is nothing left in politics for her to do. And she already has that warm-looking blue woolly coat she is always wearing - just perfect for midwinter evening games.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But don't you see that's it? Only the other way round. We lack a chairman since Balls left. And his replacement is going to be...massive drum roll...Theresa May!!!

After the great success she has made of Brexit (she has hasn't she? I haven't really been following it) there is nothing left in politics for her to do. And she already has that warm-looking blue woolly coat she is always wearing - just perfect for midwinter evening games.

It's so obvious once it's been pointed out ….:classic_wink:

Think it is to say Norwich will be playing home games next season at Wembley as they reconstruct Carrow Road to 60,000 capacity !!!!

Rumour has it we've signed a dutch striker for a record fee who'll take us to the next level.... not mentioning any names
#feefthewolf

36 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes, but most of the Cabinet would be signings from the lower divisions of the Bundestag.

• Haha 2

I imagine Hull City are already fired up by the idea of putting a dent in our promotion hopes. Having the opportunity to do it in the first game of DF's extended tenure would just give Atkins and his players more psychological ammunition. This sort of thing is fine if all goes well, but it doesn't look so clever if it doesn't. I'm with Lakey; if it is the announcement of an extended contract for DF, 15 mins before the start of an important match is not the time for it.

Edited by westcoastcanary
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lakey if you don't think such an announcement would lift the crowd even more to get behind the team you are reading a different hymn sheet to those going to the game.

you have hit nail on head, those that go will def be up for it and get behind any such announcement,

• Haha 1

Delia is selling the club to a foreign oil magnate who wants to re-install Mr Chase as executive chairman with a view to breaking into the Champions League within 2 years.

They also want to demolish Carrow Road and build a new, purpose-built 45,000 seater stadium on the same site.

Exciting times.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Wasn't the arrival of David Cross announced just before a game?

You overestimate my age on that one...

51 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I imagine Hull City are already fired up by the idea of putting a dent in our promotion hopes. Having the opportunity to do it in the first game of DF's extended tenure would just give Atkins and his players more psychological ammunition. This sort of thing is fine if all goes well, but it doesn't look so clever if it doesn't. I'm with Lakey; if it is the announcement of an extended contract for DF, 15 mins before the start of an important match is not the time for it.

Exactly this. Great if he signs a new contract, but announce it at a press conference or just before one so you can get the reaction out of the way at a time that isn't so important.  Tonight the focus should be the match, not the manager......anyway, who's to say the important announcement isn't about something entirely different......

41 minutes ago, city4eva said:

you have hit nail on head, those that go will def be up for it and get behind any such announcement, 

Not going to argue about going to a game, which is always good, just need to ask you did you go to Bolton, Sheffield or Blackburn? 

The players have managed to overcome pretty much everything that's been thrown at us this season, bar the lights going out, so I'm confident that a prematch announcement, whatever that might be about, will not make the slightest bit of difference to the focus, the performance or the result.

As usual they will just take it in their stride and get on with the job.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

I watched the Swansea game on the telly and it was noted by the commentators how edgy and nervous the atmosphere was and that it seemed to be effecting the players. Tonight the fans need to be behind the players creating a positive atmosphere from kick off. If this announcement enhances that then fantastic 

It's fairly obvious that Neppers Tom is to be appointed/crowned as the next Chairman of NCFC and he will also be handed those precious club reins off his Aunty - and from that very moment, he will be running the club.......

That'll certainly fire the 26,000+ faithful up for this crucial game......Oh yeah....... 😉

Personally I’m hoping we’ve resigned the Doc. 

I doubt this is about Farke’s contract. They’ve asked people to be in their seats for 7:30 - how long does it take to say “Daniel Farke has signed a new contract”? 

I have friend who empties Webber’s cleaner’s aunty’s bins and they swear Spencer Tunick will be photographing the River End last game of the season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Tunick