Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Tonight’s games

2 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

The top three do seem to be creating a fair gap now. It would be a very brave person who bets their house on which two go up though. I have a horrible feeling that the team in third spot will not make through the playoffs - I just hope that it's not us.

If Leeds or Norwich miss out on automatic, I would imagine that they are more than good enough to do it through the play offs. As a Leeds fan I would be gutted if we missed out since we have been top two most of the season, but if you asked me at the beginning of it? I would have snapped your hand off for 6th. No one expected either of us two to be up there and whatever happens it has been a great season 

• Like 1

I confess I'm full of admiration for both of our rivals. Last Friday after we beat Swansea I would have bet my house on someone dropping points from one of the four games they had to play and that they've come through them in style is an indication of just how hard this league is.

Of course it is still in our hands and if we win our next two we will now be a minimum of 5 points ahead of 3rd place. From here though it feels like quite a big "if".....!

I genuinely hope whichever team misses out from the 3 of us does win the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I confess I'm full of admiration for both of our rivals. Last Friday after we beat Swansea I would have bet my house on someone dropping points from one of the four games they had to play and that they've come through them in style is an indication of just how hard this league is.

Of course it is still in our hands and if we win our next two we will now be a minimum of 5 points ahead of 3rd place. From here though it feels like quite a big "if".....!

I genuinely hope whichever team misses out from the 3 of us does win the playoffs.

If we go up...I'd want the worst possible team to come up with us through the playoffs to give us a better chance of staying there!!

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

53 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Keep telling yourselves that if its 2 from 3 , we have a 66.6666666666% of being one of them !!!!!

Shouldn't that be a 33.3% chance of finishing in the top two? My rationale is that we have a 1 in 3 chance of finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd. If we finish in 1st place we can't finish 2nd or 3rd, finish 2nd then we cannot be 1st or 3 rd and if 3rd we cannot be 1st or 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Shouldn't that be a 33.3% chance of finishing in the top two? My rationale is that we have a 1 in 3 chance of finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd. If we finish in 1st place we can't finish 2nd or 3rd, finish 2nd then we cannot be 1st or 3 rd and if 3rd we cannot be 1st or 2nd.

What??....if theres 2 places up for grabs from 3 teams,we have a 2 in 3 chance of claiming one of them, surely?? (66.6666%)......dont care about positions..

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What??....if theres 2 places up for grabs from 3 teams,we have a 2 in 3 chance of claiming one of them, surely?? (66.6666%)......dont care about positions..

Quite.

However, a 66.6666% chance implies it is a purely random outcome, which we all know it isn't.

Big couple of games coming up, but there will still be 9 games to go at the end of it.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Quite.

However, a 66.6666% chance implies it is a purely random outcome, which we all know it isn't.

Big couple of games coming up, but there will still be 9 games to go at the end of it.

It certainly isnt random....and in fulness of time one of those 3 may well fall behind.

...a little reminiscent of the 3 way battle between Bournemouth,Watford and ourselves of a few years ago where ultimately one side...i e us, couldnt quite keep pace with the other two

Going into today I was really hoping that Leeds would fall, but at this point I hope they smash Sheffield 3-0 and maybe put some doubt in their heads. Aaaaaand we need to keep winning.