Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Tonight’s games

All in our hands. We are still in the driving seat. Win tomorrow and it will show we really have the bottle and class for a fight. Draw and we still go top. Got to keep the faith.

Pressure back on you lot. Nice to chat with decent fans and if we were both honest. Play offs would have been good enough after last seasons respective debacle. Best two footballing sides in this division by a country mile and deserve to go up 

• Like 2

Results couldn’t have gone much worse tonight. We need to remember how good we are though. It’s also such a bonus that Leeds and Shef Utd have to play each other.

If I’m honest, I think the 2 teams that deserve to go up are us and Leeds. Can’t fault Sheff Utds resilience though, got to give them that. And make no mistake, we have a battle on tomorrow night to maintain our place in the top 2. But as long as we are promoted, and Ip****e go down with Paul Lambert getting a beating from an opposition teams goalkeeping coach that he only called for ‘a chat’, then I will be delighted.

Results went largely as expected - binners  not winning is also business as usual (yet again they don’t lose but gain little).  It’s up to us to do the business tomorrow. 

I’m just pleased that West Brom are highly unlikely for automatic promotion now. At least Leeds, Sheff Utd and us are largely playing our own players with minimal loan players, and will go up with OUR actual players. I have a feeling we’re in for a tough game against Hull, but we’ve stepped up time and time again when the pressure has been on, and I expect our unfazed relentlessness to be on show again come 7:45pm tomorrow night. OTBC!

Well...we have an extra incentive then tomorrow night, to go back top. Maybe better to redress something than leading from the front. Gotta be positive about this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Observant said:

A draw will suit you on Saturday 

Would rather a Leeds win. The more points between us and third, the better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Would rather a Leeds win. The more points between us and third, the better.

I think we will oblige and the momentum is with us now. A packed Elland Road on Saturday and a potential 5 point gap at stake. Leeds and Norwich will be up before we eat our Easter eggs. 

Nothing settled on saturday whatever happens, even if we get 6 pts from the next 2 and the Leeds v Sheff Utd game goes however it goes....3 ugly looking away games at Boro, Stoke and the last day at Villa..whilst Leeds are beating a relegated ipswich all still have potential to change the picture

2 minutes ago, Observant said:

I think we will oblige and the momentum is with us now. A packed Elland Road on Saturday and a potential 5 point gap at stake. Leeds and Norwich will be up before we eat our Easter eggs. 

I've been expecting the Blunts to peter out since about October, but to be fair they keep getting the results. I'd love to see Farke and Bielsa taking it to the Prem... Chris Wilder, not so much. But ultimately you get no extra points for being fashionable or aesthetically pleasing, and they're proving a very difficult stain to shift. Gotta give them credit for that.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I've been expecting the Blunts to peter out since about October, but to be fair they keep getting the results. I'd love to see Farke and Bielsa taking it to the Prem... Chris Wilder, not so much. But ultimately you get no extra points for being fashionable or aesthetically pleasing, and they're proving a very difficult stain to shift. Gotta give them credit for that.

They are doing something right and they will try and park the bus at ours and try to do us with a set piece. If they want to play their high uptempo game against us then they will get carved apart. I fancy this being like us against West Brom. 

The top three do seem to be creating a fair gap now. It would be a very brave person who bets their house on which two go up though. I have a horrible feeling that the team in third spot will not make through the playoffs - I just hope that it's not us.