Taverham United

56 Minute Clap To Honour Lifelong Fan

Hi Guys,

Bit of a long shot but it’s been a week since my friend and lifelong Caneries fan, Alan sadly passed away last week from complications from testicular cancer. 

He was an avid and active supporter of It’s On The Ball, a local testicular cancer charity of which many are City fans and he would have many chats at half-time to help support people going through the same as him, as well as raise awareness... and of course complain about the ref!

It would mean a lot if we could give this proper Norwich fan a decent send-off with a clap in the 56th minute (his age when he passed) at tomorrow’s game.

Thanks,

Peter

Edited by Taverham United
  • Like 2

Sorry for the loss of your friend and one of our yellow army. Is this on Twitter or Facebook anywhere so that it can be shared to help make it happen?

Thanks for starting this Pete. Those who were on the 2004 pre season tour to Malaysia will remember Alan. As will many others. Swindon we tried to get an announcement before the Swansea game. Could only get a message on the scoreboard at half time. It would be good to give him a proper send off this week 

That Facebook page deserves far more publicity Knock off Nige and i for one did not know it even existed.

These minutes applause for fans that have passed is a touching moment that means a lot to family and friends without doubt but thinking out loud for a moment there must be some way of a more permanent reminder.

Trees planted at Colney with a name plaque.

A garden at The Nest.

A book of remembrance kept in the Club reception.

Just thoughts but views can be embraced by our community club moving forward.

Edited by TIL 1010

Hi TIL1010,

Completely agree, these touching moments are great to remember him by (as we can capture these on camera for the funeral/wake) but also are a momentary shot of support for us all who are grieving.

As for permanent reminders, yes something that would benefit the environment, the community or something for the charity. So far we have a JustGiving page, but something bigger to raise awareness would be great... you’ve definitely put some ideas in my head for sure!

There is a Just giving page in memory of Alan for donations to “Its on the ball” they are a Norfolk charity raising awareness of and supporting people and their families with testicular cancer. You can see their info every time you go to the gents in the Riverend.

https://www.justgiving.com/foralansballs?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=foralansballs&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_term=MZM4EvxWy

1 hour ago, Knock off Nige said:

There is a Just giving page in memory of Alan for donations to “Its on the ball” they are a Norfolk charity raising awareness of and supporting people and their families with testicular cancer. You can see their info every time you go to the gents in the Riverend.

https://www.justgiving.com/foralansballs?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=foralansballs&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_term=MZM4EvxWy

Also the gents in the South Stand !

Hi Guys

We have a chance of NCFC puting a message in memory of Alan in the 56 Min on screen tonight if this message gains momentum 

Please yellow army support this cause.

OTBC

Peter

Thanks Knock Off Nige

I saw that yesterday. I worry that you won't get the coverage needed to make this happen. I'll definitely mark the 56th minuite but these things usually need to be really put out there in the days leading up to the game.

Perhaps we can do something in memory of Alan for the charity on this community?

That would be good nutty nigel. We have a just giving page in his memory to raise money for the charity, I posted the link yesterday. We are also looking at doing something later in the year or early next year as a big event. Alan was talking about a drive from John o’ Groats to Lands End in classic Land Rovers before he died. It would take some planning given my Landy is as old as me.

I retweeted it but it will only reach a handful of people. I tried to post it on Facebook but I can't make it work. Good luck anyway👍