Sign in to follow this  
alex field

WORTHY/BOARD HATERS, WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Firstly, i wanna big up the team for this unbelievable run we''re on, 5 wins in last 6 games, get in there. Secondly the board for signing hucks which i admit, thought we didn''t have a chance of getting him. And finally nigel worthington. The man is a miracle worker, we are playing the best footy since those glory days of the early 90''s.

I seem to remember a lot of anti worthy comments and anti board comments, of which i was completely against after what has been achieved in the last 3 years. Granted there is still 20 games to go, but we are gonna do it this year and i beleive it is about time for the people who slated the team/ board/ worthy, to come out and say well done.

Also player of the season candidates, greeno, flem, mcveigh, steady eddy and of course hucks.

As i said just after the loans in december, STEADY ON NOWS OUR CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think anybody who posts on this board is anti Worthy/Board as we all pay good money to support our team I just think some of us could see the potential just lurking round the corner and all it needed was for Worthy /The Board to work to bring it out which thankfully they have done and already it has reaped rewards, buying new quality players isnt just about the individual it is about what their rescense brings to the whole team, and I think particully with Hucks thats what he does.

I mean confidence must be high Craig Fleming has scored twice in a month!

Bring on the Toffees

I''ve been reading this board for many months now and I would not decribe any postings as Worthington/Board hating. This board is for people to express their opinion. Just because people have been unsatisfied with what seemed to be a lack of ambition by the board in recent years or people think that Worthington should have picked Rivers instead of Henderson last week does''nt mean they hate them. There is nothing wrong in questioning things, plus I doubt Nigel Worthington or Neil Doncaster cry themselves to sleep at night over this discussion board.

I think you''ll certainly find there were Worthy haters on here a month or so ago, hard to believe as it is.
In fact I think one of them was even calling him/herself "Worthy Out".
This person is strangely quiet now!

I have to admit posting on this site with views not totally supportive of NW, but you cannot call this Worthy Hating, I like many others was trying to point out some weaknesses.

Hopefully some of the more naive tactics have been consigned to the dustbin e.g. Iwan against West Brom, which at the time few if any supporters could understand. . And to continue to put Holt at full back (Watford) was another howler. However with the team playing so well and practically picking itself, this is a thing of the past.

Also something that is still apparent Worthy can fall out quickly with players e.g. Heckingbottom, McVeigh and now Rivers, seems to indicate a man management flaw. If I may point out Paul McVeigh has still to sign a new contract, maybe he won''t as PM and his agent might just remember how Worthy made the spat public.

The way the team is playing is obviously much to do with Worthy, and credit where credit is due, he is doing a fine job. I never hated Worthy, but wanted him to cut out those little flaws that prevent him becoming a managerial great.

I have often been slightly bewildered by some of NW decisions, thats all, I admire the man greatly he is showing the signs of being one of our best managers. He pocesses loyality and a care for his players well being off pitch. I also have critized the board.. I still have personal feelings about a certain member of it.. But I take my hat off to the way they turned things round...perhaps more to Delia than most..
I have been going to Carra since approx 1965-66 and feel there is a buzz around that has been missing for years......credit to them all....this surely is our year... at last

Call this eating humble pie if you wish.....

totally agree kenny, the board finally woke up over hucks, i have too questioned worthy''s tactics at times, but he is learning and now he has the players our form is improving, especially away from home.

as for that certain board member, know what you mean mate!! - i still cannot totally support the whole lot of them, but worthy is a star and delia and michael too, cos they are fans first, business people second

the whole huckerby saga only reflected well on worthy, i never doubted that he would get hucks, and he proved what an excellent manager he is, not only on the pitch, but off it too. None better and we are bloody lucky to have him.

ok i''ll admit it:

- when worthington was first appointed i belived it was an awful position. Yes i''ve eaten more humble pie than my stomach can take in the last 3 years (and i''ve been very happy to do so - and hope i will a lot more) but i wont deny i thought it.

The board - yeh i wasn''t amused - but hav had no problems since roger mumby took over