Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Villa Creeping Closer To The Playoffs.

They are only 4 points of a playoff spot with 3 teams above them stuttering along, Boro, Derby and Bristol City. I hope our season is done and dusted before the last game and wouldn't it be good if Leeds ended up 3rd and Villa won the playoffs ? I don't like either club but i can see this scenario happening.

• Like 1

Let's hope we are talking about Brentford in a similar vein after tomorrow night's games. Currently a further 2 points behind Villa with a game in hand.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Could still chase us down..

You are Waveney and i claim my £5. 😜

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Page 7 Dicky's Brighton love in thread..

You pledged a tenner if Villa finished above us so your money is safe.

Fingers and everything else crossed we have it done and dusted before the final game of the season.  Wouldn't fancy our chances if we had the scenario where we lose to them on the last day, finish 3rd, Villa finish 6th and we have to play them a couple of weeks later in the play offs! Win our next 2 games and we we will be close, damn close, to finishing the job.

Of all the teams competing for the playoff places, Villa are the ones I'd least like to face in the playoffs. They're also the ones I'd least like to reach the playoffs as they've absolutely taken the píss with FFP and I want to see them suffer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Of all the teams competing for the playoff places, Villa are the ones I'd least like to face in the playoffs. They're also the ones I'd least like to reach the playoffs as they've absolutely taken the píss with FFP and I want to see them suffer.

Wolfie there are and have been so many clubs who take the **** with FFP that you could not shake a stick at but nothing is even done about it to put a stop to the whole farce.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hey how did you manage to get pi$$ through the filter Wolfie ?

He used an accent on the "i"

Not fussed who will be in the playoffs - not going to concern us really until next season is it 😄

I think Forest will take the last playoff spot. Important game in that race on Wednesday -  Forest v Villa.

There have been many teams take the rise til, but villa have taken it to the next level. Last season they spent something like £73m on wages alone!

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wolfie there are and have been so many clubs who take the **** with FFP that you could not shake a stick at but nothing is even done about it to put a stop to the whole farce.

Oh absolutely. I just think Villa have been so utterly reckless with their parachute payments, and thrown so much good money after bad, it's going to be really good fun to watch the car crash.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hey how did you manage to get pi$$ through the filter Wolfie ?

I aimed very carefully.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I'll be the first to say it.......f*** Villa.

If we are going to go up I'm fairly confident we'll have it done and dusted before we face Villa. If not we've a pretty rubbish record at Villa Park and if we need something I'm fairly confident they'll f*** us over.