Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Playoffs wide open

Most open run in for years. Potentially any team down to Sheff Wednesday in 14th place are in with a chance of making the play offs. And you could include Stoke in 15th if they win their game in hand. This all works to Norwich's advantage as all these teams will be striving to keep going for a play off place and looking to take points off Leeds and Sheff Utd. As long as we continue to do the business, everything will fall into place. It;s going to be an exciting run in with more than half the division fighting for a promotion spot.

table.jpg

Edited by Rock The Boat

I don't know if the table was this strung out at the same stage last year, but it is an interesting race for that last playoff place. Later, I took a look and here's the result after 36 games. Note Middlesbro, Bristol, Swansea and Brentford are all on 35 games as of this date. 

Note: Wolves are only 4 points ahead of us at this stage of the season and they finished on 99 points. Also interesting to see the relative change in points gained for the teams competing in the past two seasons.

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Most open run in for years. Potentially any team down to Sheff Wednesday in 14th place are in with a chance of making the play offs. And you could include Stoke in 15th if they win their game in hand. This all works to Norwich's advantage as all these teams will be striving to keep going for a play off place and looking to take points off Leeds and Sheff Utd. As long as we continue to do the business, everything will fall into place. It;s going to be an exciting run in with more than half the division fighting for a promotion spot.

table.jpg

Think you mean Swansea in 15th place... I'd say Stoke are out of it, which is no bad thing given we've got to go there. Of the chasing contenders we've got Hull, Wednesday and Villa (and obviously Boro who are better placed). By the time we play Wednesday I'd be surprised if they are still in with a shout - despite their good form it's a huge ask from that far back given all the teams around them. But after today I could just see Villa mounting a late surge, if they can learn to defend. 

You're right, Swansea. Imagine coming 3rd and then losing out to Sheff Wed. in the playoff finals. That would be a bizarre end to a season. Just don't let it be us.

With ten games left, I see only one team in the division already can’t (mathematically) make the playoffs.

No prizes...

...just no prizes.

• Haha 1