board?

he''s negative jibes all the time, get out mate and have a life ur on here 24/7

opinions are fine but u seem to be running some kind of political campaign

Worthington will go if the board want to release him! you have no control over

the matter

you fail to forget that he is one of the most qualified and respected managers

in the business why does people keep backing him? Players, pundits and other

managers alike? Yet you with no qualification in the sport and have never been

involved in elite football think u could do better?

my only concern is that with us no progressing Ashton will go but if for 9

million he went id rather have a money to by 11 top players for this than

have just one exceptional one as its currently not working now is it and we

need to think for the future

in short, think critically yes but lets balance arguments and not try to change

other peoples opinions and run mini cults against the club we should all love

I agree and, in fairness, he has introduced an element of humour into his latest thread. Seems like EVEN he was cheered up a tiny bit by yesterdays 3 pts. Long may it continue. PS I''m far from being fully behind Worthington at the moment but I certainly don''t think that wishing for your team to lose is the way forward.  

Wizard is one of the people who ''makes'' this message board. I love his acid wit and sound bite one liners, heck i really enjoy a good slagging off from him so don''t you bloody well thank me for this Wiz.

It would be rather dull on here if Wiz took the brickbats too seriously and went away for a spell.

The trouble is too that he is often quite right.

Well said Jim ! I myself created a similar post to this a few weeks back but for some reason the web team would not publish it.

Just because he doesnt agree with everyone doesnt mean you need a new thread to have a go. 1st Wiz has been a valued member of this board for a long time. Just agree to disagree

Call me "skeptical" but what is it with all these people with 1 or 2 posts having a go at the vast majority who want worthy out.

Then we have people agreeing who have 1 post replying?

How easy is it to create as many "ghost" accounts as you want?

Surely the whole point of a meassge forum like this is so people can post their own opinions. If you don''t like certain posts you''re not forced to read them or answer them. I certainly don''t agree with many of Wiz''s opinions but I enjoy reading his posts and the controvosy/discussions they encourage! It would be a very boring board if everyone posted similar views and no controversy was involved!

yer u could do that but its a bit sad isnt it?

anyway im sure through reading  other posts that many other "casual" users also share my intial point. I just think you should balance an answer or arguement with facts from both sides debate not just rant " i dont like worthington cos we arent winning"

As we have seen before message board stuff leaks back to the club and is in no way helping our cause or supporting our club, espicially wen certian members suggest supporting the opposition

[quote user="jim hupton"]

yer u could do that but its a bit sad isnt it?

anyway im sure through reading  other posts that many other

"casual" users also share my intial point. I just think you should

balance an answer or arguement with facts from both sides debate not

just rant " i dont like worthington cos we arent winning"

As we have seen before message board stuff leaks back to the

club and is in no way helping our cause or supporting our club,

espicially wen certian members suggest supporting the opposition

[/quote]

everybody is entitled to have an opinion.  IMO its best if this opinion is voiced fairly.

The board have an opinion on worthy and they''ve chosen to back him -

even  in the face of fan pressure who have independently formed the

opposite opinion, they want worthy out.

The fans don''t possess worthy''s coaching badges and inside knowledge of

football, but they hold a badge of ''common sense'' and have spotted

someone who is out of touch and in their opinion should go. sorry, thats life.

Jim - I think you have got the wizard wrong - he says what he says because he loves the club - and because of this I value his opinions.  Admittedly he can seem a bit militant, political and misguided - however I bet he has never voiced an opion that others have not considered and possibly to scared to put forth.

He also the quality when he knows he is wrong to apolgise - which he did to me - which I see very few people do.  This board is a vessel for sharing opions and having discussions - which he does and without him this board would be a worse place.

As for you comments on Worthington being one of "the most qualified and respected managers in the business" - thats rubbish - he is a half decent manager - but there are manymore outhere that I would rather see and hope to see at the club - especially a certain Mr Burley

Jim - I think an apolgy is in order for your misguided comments!!!

[quote user="jim hupton"]

Who else think the 1st wizard is just poison to this msg board?

he''s negative jibes all the time, get out mate and have a life ur on here 24/7

opinions are fine but u seem to be running some kind of political campaign

Worthington will go if the board want to release him! you have no control over the matter

you fail to forget that he is one of the most qualified and respected managers in the business why does people keep backing him? Players, pundits and other managers alike? Yet you with no qualification in the sport and have never been involved in elite football think u could do better?

my only concern is that with us no progressing Ashton will go but if for 9 million he went id rather have a money to by 11 top players for this than have just one exceptional one as its currently not working now is it and we need to think for the future

in short, think critically yes but lets balance arguments and not try to change other peoples opinions and run mini cults against the club we should all love

[/quote] Respected by who????? Ask the Blackpool Fans.......I think not.

Having the qualifications does not mean you can to the job.

Where did you get that figure 9 Million for Ashton.........Please a little realism. The longer he stays with us in the current climate interested prospective buyers probably will offer approx 1 million. What manager in their right mind would lay 3.5 million plus on a player that has not performed this Season. 

Ade Akinbiyi for Burnley has scored more goals this season than Ashton and he is supposed to be rubbish. Steve Cotteril is reputed to value Ade at around 1 to 2 million pounds.   

Chris

The old wiz returns Jim!.

Armed with a new batch of eye of newt. and of course my brand new cauldron from ''Spells R Us'' to stir them in, be warned!, while I have loads of my famed ''double helix hexes'' to dish out to help City, I''m not too bothered if one or two go astray in the direction of some fans having a pop at me.

Evil cackle!.[6]

let me tell you what an FA coaching and Fifa badge consists of.... sitting behind a desk, answering exams on dealing with players, man management, how to be better with the Media and PR side of things...

what they dont actually tell u is how to be a football manager...

Nigel Worthington might have qualifications.. but that doesnt mean he is any better at the job than you or I....

Give a monkey enough training and it can be taught to use a typewriter!

and what "top" players would you suggest we buy with this mythical 9 million.. if you want the best players then 9 million isnt even going to scrape the barrell...

And just look at Bolton over the past 4 or 5 years... they have proven that you dont need bucket loads of Money to be reasonably succesful and enjoy european football.. i bet they have spent less in their whole time in the premiership then Nigel Worthington has in 5 years in charge of Norwich, and which club has something to show for it?

jas :)

that basically sums it all back

i too have now returned from a spell away from the boards

(happy clown laugh) [<:o)]