Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Brum vs Villa - What on earth is the World coming to?

You can't blame the stewards Herts. There is no system (unless you want to go back to fences?) that could stop every fan who wanted to get on the pitch. tbf the Steward was right on that a-hole's heels, so did well .

10 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

You can't blame the stewards Herts. There is no system (unless you want to go back to fences?) that could stop every fan who wanted to get on the pitch. tbf the Steward was right on that a-hole's heels, so did well .

Were there enough stewards??

What an idiot, and I'm sure he will be punished by being banned from football for life, punished by law and lose what ever job he has, just like all the other Brum fans enjoying this on twitter, including laughing at Grealish's dead brother!!!

Birmingham f.c. have got to be punished. I don't think points deduction works as someone will just end up doing something to their team so a rival team is punished. Played behind closed doors and fined.

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

This was normal in the 1970s. Seems surprising that it still happens

Was it?...even then I'm not sure there were too many examples of an individual running onto the pitch and hitting a player??

16 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Were there enough stewards??

How many is enough?

My point was that there will always be a gap somewhere for 1 **** to get through. The incident took place at the opposite end of the pitch to the Villa fans (where logic would dictate that would probably be the area that, if anything kicked off, would be it)

You can't (or do people?) think that there should be a wall of stewards , arm in arm, round the whole perimeter of the playing surface?

There's no simple answer to this, that's probably why it still goes on.

There will always be individuals who just want to cause trouble and do not give a monkeys about a ban. Unless you can prove a club is particularly culpable or negligent in stewarding, what's the point in fining them, docking points or playing behind closed doors - that's just punishing the vast majority of other fans.

A particularly devious bunch could even cause trouble at a rivals ground if they thought the club punishment was worth it versus someone taking a ban?

Hands up who is going to volunteer to run onto the pitch and confront an opponent of Leeds?

Two separate issues here, and neither reflect well on Birmingham. I suspect that this will influence the upcoming decisions around points deductions (although it shouldn't) 

First failure to control the crowd - i.e. allowing a fan onto the field who subsequently physically attacked Jack Grealish. Now as a club you might be able to argue you took all reasonable precautions, and you might get away with it if the FA were in a good mood. 

Then after the goal, a Birmingham steward kicks Grealish back into the field. Failure to control the crowd is one thing, failure to control your stewards is something else. The FA should throw the book at Birmingham over that and I think they will. 

And neither of these have anything to do with Sunday noon kickoffs. Although you know the ninny's will be arguing for further restrictions - maybe we should just award a point each and not play derby games - to avoid these kinds of incidents. 

And kudos to Grealish by the way for keeping his cool. I'm not his biggest fan, but for heavens sake no player should be subject to that kind on thuggery. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

This needs a deterrent from outside of football. There is too much acceptance that different rules apply when attending a football match. A custodial sentence is a must. There no way of getting away with running onto a pitch in full view of the cameras and lamping a player so if you know you will get caught and also knew there was a prison stretch coming then surely that would deter?

• Like 2

I thought Grealish did well with his goal celebration. Very reserved. I'd have been sprinting like Adebayor back down the other end to give it the biggun to the corner of Birmingham fans that this moron crawled from.

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Cowardly attack from behind, the punch itself was lame, like the fool throwing it.

Playing the devils advocate.

Just remember if it happened to Grealish  during play and attacked by a player he would have played dead, yet today it didn't seem to effect him. 

Saw a video recently explaining the reason why Nelson was so quick to celebrate in front of ipswich home crowd after scoring - can't remember the link, but it showed them earlier in the game singing "Tyrone Mings, he stamped on your face,  he stamped on your faaaaaace..." en masse.  Classy.

Even in all the years that we've been sh1te (Roeder / Grant / Rioch, etc), I'm glad our fanbase has never resorted to this sort of thuggery and moronic behaviour / chanting.

Get me some cushions.  I'm going to be on this high horse a while. 

This is an isolated incident, as the hundreds of thousands of spectators up and down the country week in and week out demonstrate.

You cannot legislate for acts like this without seriously impinging upon that overwhelming majorities ability to enjoy the game. Sanctions should be directed at this cretin, not BCFC or the rest of their fans. A life long ban or very long ban should follow. If only that he has shown that he is not capable of behaving as required in a football stadium.

Rather than prison, community service on every Saturday for the next 6 months would serve more use to society - plus a hefty fine and costs.

As mentioned earlier, acts like this are not necessarily alcohol fuelled. Anyone who has the seen the rise in 'mass brawls' at race meetings will be aware that 'charlie' has had a part to play. Something that is not a stranger to a certain section of those attending football games either

However, whatever the cause, it is this idiot and him alone who should now pay the price - and there is plenty of 'voluntary' work needed doing in Brum, if only picking up litter round the streets of Aston !

• Like 1

In defence of the stewards as well, there was someone right behind him who tackled the guy straight away, he just wasn't quite quick enough off the mark presumably because he had to turn and accelerate....

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Playing the devils advocate.

Just remember if it happened to Grealish  during play and attacked by a player he would have played dead, yet today it didn't seem to effect him. 

I'm not sure the pitch invader will use that as part of his defence though Swindon. "Well m'lud, I hardly hurt him, so it doesn't really count"

Like all the knife crime take someone's life and you get the DEATH PENALTY  now all the do-gooders respond.

Now there is going to be a media frenzy for a couple of days. The chattering classes will call for the need for debate on the matter because that is the only answer they have. And no doubt I might get a ticking off from some posters.

Whereas, at the Rugby match I attended yesterday the general opinion, sparked by an incident in Cornwall where someone we all know killed two people while driving drunk and was out in two and a bit years and the recent rise in knife crime, was that the punishments handed out are not a deterrent. And a deterrent is the only way you might eventually make people think twice before doing it. So the punishments need to be more severe or rather than just prison, something of a real sacrifice.

If this knoblock from Birmingham were to run the risk of losing his job and house for his actions he might think twice. Maybe some form of intoxication might rule that out but that would be the risk of taking something or drinking too much on matchday.

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

But still, ****ing wankers

On an unconnected note, how did one of these naughty words get through the filter? 🤭

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

was that the punishments handed out are not a deterrent. And a deterrent is the only way you might eventually make people think twice before doing it. So the punishments need to be more severe or rather than just prison, something of a real sacrifice.

Yes, that certainly works in the US, where inacting violence against those convicted has certainly deterred others

and odd how that now hanging a child for stealing a sheep is no longer practiced, we don't have sheep being stolen by children

or maybe crime is a wee bit more complicated than a simple jerk of the knee

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

On an unconnected note, how did one of these naughty words get through the filter? 🤭

Yeah, I was surprised by that as I'm sure Ive used **** before... Similarly **** gets blocked, but ****hole has got through...

Edited by cornish sam
Obviously ****hole doesn't work but something with sh1t or ar$e did
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Yeah, I was surprised by that as I'm sure Ive used **** before... Similarly **** gets blocked, but ****hole has got through...

HAHAHA.

I'm ready to play 'Beat The Filter' too...

MOTHER****ER

PISSFLAPS

WANKPOT

LAMBERT

BINNERS

ERIC GATES

PIERS MORGAN

RIVER END CANARY

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
READ WHAT YOU WANT INTO THOSE RESULTS!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4