Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

West Brom sack Darren Moore

They haven't looked automatic for a while so why wait until now. Ten games left and they still have a chance, slim but a chance. And play offs look good. Just a panic decision.

Losing consecutive games to sheff utd and then being battered by leeds not only showed that they werent good enough for top 2 but that he wasnt good enough to outwit a fellow top team...which is what they'll be facing in the playoffs.

That is true GJL and we don't know the behind the closed doors problems. I'm not saying he is good enough but think the decision crazy.

If they go and appoint someone like Jokanovic and he has a 10 game run up ro prepare for the playoffs ...and win them , its could prove the correct thing to do.

The board clearly dont trust Moore to negotiate them through a playoff situation. 

Theyve just done what we did when we replaced Adams with Neil...just 2 months later

Apparently Jokanovic is the frontrunner for the job. Ranieri has just got the Roma job. It just seems that the same merry go round will inevitably prevent new managers/coaches like DF and Alex Neill coming into the game.

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apparently Jokanovic is the frontrunner for the job. Ranieri has just got the Roma job. It just seems that the same merry go round will inevitably prevent new managers/coaches like DF and Alex Neill coming into the game.

Funnily enough, I just thought that it would be a great job for AN, who has once again shown that he is a good manager at PNE!

(And has at last shown that he has learnt how to keep a clean sheet!)

Edited by Badger
Added a sentence

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Funnily enough, I just thought that it would be a great job for AN, who has once again shown that he is a good manager at PNE!

(And has at last shown that he has learnt how to keep a clean sheet!)

... has he learnt not to spend a fortune on aging journeymen looking for a final pay day. 😉 (wait for it)

11 hours ago, splendidrush said:

... has he learnt not to spend a fortune on aging journeymen looking for a final pay day. 😉 (wait for it)

Fair point - his transfers weren't always great either! I am firmly in favour of a DOF model with a longer-view look at purchases.

51 minutes ago, Badger said:

Fair point - his transfers weren't always great either! I am firmly in favour of a DOF model with a longer-view look at purchases.

'Weren't always great' is kind.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

'Weren't always great' is kind.

Don't know the recruitment structure at Preston but this season in particular AN seems to have done well

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

Don't know the recruitment structure at Preston but this season in particular AN seems to have done well

You're right hoggy.

PNE/AN just missed out on the play-offs last season and I reckon there's a good chance they'll be there or thereabouts again in 10 games time

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yes, but doesn't change his transfer record here.

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes, but doesn't change his transfer record here.

Does he work with a football ' Board ' at PNE similar to what he had here ?