Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

West Brom sack Darren Moore

Didn't see that one coming! With their squad they should be pushing us closer, but they are practically guaranteed a playoff spot...

Well, I am sure PL has "taken 1p5wich as far as I can, and I have a very heavy heart in making this decision, but I am sure 1p5wich fans will understand, that I am an ambitious manager, and the chance to manage West Brom, has always been a dream of mine. Yes, it is true that I still have my house, when I was manager at Stoke  and Villa, but what has that got to do with the price of carrots"?

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Haha 2

A team comprising several PL has beens with a splash of other Clubs failures on loan.

Plenty of relegated Clubs, including us, have tried that and it rarely works.

Edited by Making Plans

Might boost them for playoffs, I suppose. 

Not beating the Binners is clearly a sackable offence...

Edited by Grando
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mind you, if that's what they do after drawing with Ipswich, god knows what unspeakable horror they'd have unleashed if they'd lost.

I watched their game today and they were dreadfull with fans pouring out of the ground midway through the second half.

No surprise there really.

We should be thankful that a) they appointed him at the start of the season instead of a proper manager, who with their squad would certainly have claimed one of the two auto promiton places.....and b) that theyve waited this long to act when its probably too late for a new manager to improve them in time to get a top 2 place.

If he coouldnt get a top 2 place , the board clearly didnt believe he was going to negotiate them through the playoffs.

....however if they do appoint correctly now, it will make them a very dangerous team in the playoffs as the new man ( Allardyce?)...will have a 10 game run to prepare for the playoffs

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

And at least the scum have achieved something this season, probably merits another star on the shirts.

What a stupid decision. Who they going to appoint, A premier league or a championship manager, Sam Allardyce?

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We should be thankful that a) they appointed him at the start of the season instead of a proper manager, who with their squad would certainly have claimed one of the two auto promiton places.....and b) that theyve waited this long to act when its probably too late for a new manager to improve them in time to get a top 2 place.

If he coouldnt get a top 2 place , the board clearly didnt believe he was going to negotiate them through the playoffs.

....however if they do appoint correctly now, it will make them a very dangerous team in the playoffs as the new man ( Allardyce?)...will have a 10 game run to prepare for the playoffs

I think that is spot on. Of course it depends who they plan to bring in - assuming they have a plan - but having read the comments of WBA fans over the last few months (winnowing out the stupid ones) this doesn't strike me as a surprise move. And that applies even if they are not thinking about the play-offs but are preparing for next season, in the Championship.

Ipswich made them look bang average today. Could easily have won 4-1 if they had brought their shooting boots. Think about that, Ipswich. So not surprised at this decision frankly even though the crowd seemed quiet rather than restless. Appeared everyone except Gayle and Murphy has already given up. 

Edited by Surfer

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Ipswich made them look bang average today. Could easily have won 4-1 if they had brought their shooting boots. Think about that, Ipswich. So not surprised at this decision frankly even though the crowd seemed quiet rather than restless. Appeared everyone except Gayle and Murphy has already given up. 

Bit worrying for the club given that Gayle and Murphy are both on loan.

Wasn't totally surprised to be honest. Losing four nil at Leeds was a shocker and there had to be a response in the next game to show it was a blip. To hang on for a home draw against Ipswich shows they have real problems. Think they have all but given up on the autos and decided that their playoff chances would be better with a new face. Remind anyone of Alex Neil?

A bit sad about this, Moore seems a good bloke, but with the sqiuad they have, they ought to be doing better - but the difficulty for premier league sides coming down is the adapting to the marathon of games where you have to battle 100% of the time and be totally up for it. Premier league acclimatised players are not used to it.  It looks as if West Brom have run out of steam.  

14 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Blimey, they must have a hell of a lot riding on getting back into the Prem ££££££££££££

Familiar story and one which should act as a warning note to those that aspire to "investor" ownership. After a period of success, albeit including Tony Pullis, the fan owner sold the club to investors (for a reported £175 million).

Relegation followed shortly afterwards, followed I suspect by a "dash" for promotion because of the size of the initial investment. On paper their squad looks strong - but that ignores the "special chemistry" of football which sees so many successful business investors fail at being football club owners. With this in mind, it will be interesting to see how other clubs (e.g. Villa)  get on next year without promotion.

Tortoise or the hare?

It’s not easy either way, given all clubs aspire to reach the top and are effectively trying to do the same thing, but surely it’s far more sensible to try to ‘grow’ than throw a bunch of supposedly good players together and expect them to knit as a team.  Managers need to be given a bit of time to get it right - assuming they are the right guy for the circumstances - the problem is that football isn’t great at giving them time.

• Like 1