Sign in to follow this  
Sir Quinny

Paul Mcveigh

I love this guy - he is a proven performer at this level and has the quality to score goals week in week out - as we know from Iwans book he is not the sharpest knife in the draw - but he is quality and he proved it yesterday - Worthy please please please give him a run up front with Ashton -     I can dream.

As you say, he has the quality to score goals week in, week out, but contrary to what you also say, he has had many chances to make an impact, which he often does.....for 45 minutes. He just isn''t consistent enough, but is the best we''ve got IMO

i''m quite stunned when people bang on like this. Little legs has been

given endless chances, why the hell do you think he keeps getting

dropped, because he''s the best player on the pitch? No, because he''s

not good enough, often enough.

Anyone else find it ironic that a player who Worthy was trying to get rid of before the summer and clearly doesn''t think much of probably kept him in a job this week?

"why the hell do you think he keeps getting dropped, because he''s the best player on the pitch? "

I don''t think that logic washes with many of us. We''ve seen Holt being played week in & week out having had consistently dreadful performances and this season we''ve seen Fleming play way below expected but still was picked over Shackell. We''ve seen both Jarvises not being played when they seemed to have more to offer than some in the starting 11. The manager''s decisions often bemuse me. 

Sorry Spilt Diesel, you have proven your own theory wrong in the very same sentence.

You are right - he IS given endless "chances". But then he''s dropped before he can get a run going and build up his form. He hasn''t had a good run in the team since early 03/04 season. Ask yourself why he is the first to be dropped, as soon as he is perceived as having a poor game? Why not drop (over the years) Fleming, Holt, Edworthy, Drury, Green, Hucks and now even Ashton? Yes, it''s because Worthy does not like him.

And one thing you can''t argue with is this - given his place in the team, and given a good run to get his form up, he is the most consistent, creative, naturally gifted goalscorer (yes, goalscorer) at the club.

Surely everyone can see? We need Paul McVeigh. On the pitch, all the time.

all our players have the same problem

THEY CANT PERFORM FOR 90 MINUTES

if they all learnt how to play a full match then we wouldnt be having these problems!

Paul McVeigh is just the shadow of the player he used to and can be, he just needs to improve his game. I think its quite plain to be honest, yesturday he was brought on as a WINGER and played the best game i have football i have seen him play for a long time, the last time probably being when he was playing as a WINGER. The problem is, huckerby is such a posing threat on the left that McVeigh doesnt get a chance down the left no more, and thats where he used to be most effective.

Dare i say ''Drop Huckerby'' prehaps?