Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Today's games

Few big games today.

Sheff U at home to Rotherham in the lunchtime kick off and then Leeds away at Bristol City at 3pm.

Both tough games for them. Bristol is a really tough trip for Leeds and Rotherham have the small matter of Yorkshire pride to play for as well as Championship status.

WBA away at the Scum although i think theyre too far behind to catch us now.

Im desperate to be there the day we go up this season, as i think it is a case of when, not if. Sheff Weds or Stoke look likely as it stands but if Leeds and Sheff drop some points over next few games it could well be sooner.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

WBA away at the Scum although i think theyre too far behind to catch us now.

...... I take it you're talking about West Brom 😁

• Haha 4

Leeds Sheff United next saturday too when we're at Rotherham. Great chance to extend the gap presuming bobody drops points midweek.

It will be a big surprise if Sheff utd drop points today, but if they do it gives us and Leeds a big advantage - and if Leeds then beat them the following week, it means Leeds and us have a good gap to third place.  Would like Leeds to lose as well today of course, but that leeds/sheff utd match is a big one in the scheme of this season. 

A lot too many ifs and buts Lakey. As long as we take care of our own business all will be fine. Five more wins and a few draws will do it.

• Like 1

I didn't think Rotherham would put up much of a fight. Bristol should be a tougher test for the Dirties.

• Like 1

Straight red card for Rotherham’s best player -Vaulks.

Three-match ban and missing for the Norwich game?

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

I didn't think Rotherham would put up much of a fight. Bristol should be a tougher test for the Dirties.

Someone's going to drop points Herman, but would prefer the gap to 3 rd to increase really, but as Ricardo says, as long as we take care of business, all will be fine.

8 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Someone's going to drop points Herman, but would prefer the gap to 3 rd to increase really, but as Ricardo says, as long as we take care of business, all will be fine.

The optimistic view now with the Blades winning is that Leeds drop points and we have a 2 game cushion from 3rd place. Let those fight out for 2nd.

Lots of permutations. Worst case scenario is SU win (which is odds on as we speak), LU win at Bristol. Then Leeds could overtake us for 24 hours on Tuesday as they play before us. It's why all those Leeds fans on social media need to just believe in themselves as they have the chance.

We just need, like normal, to quietly go about what we need to do.

Edited by sonyc

Had some hope that Rotherham might have nicked a point today, as they've been tough to beat recently.

Red card has absolutely killed them. It's just attack vs defense now.

Still only one nil (Rotherham with no shots on target so far)

Would absolutely love it if Ipswich's favourite son, 'Dave I was always injured till I moved to a team with ambition McGoldrick'  came on and sliced in an own goal in the 93rd to share the points ....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, unique said:

Straight red card for Rotherham’s best player -Vaulks.

Three-match ban and missing for the Norwich game?

I took a look at their forums during the game as I wanted to watch but couldnt find a stream. They were bemoaning the referee, but said that specific decision was right, it was dangerous play. You would think little chance of them having it overturned if their fans are saying that the ref was poor but got that one right.

I think I've worked out Ipswich's two biggest problems a) they can't defend and b) they can't put a shot on goal. Other than that they look like a pretty average team. WBA aren't looking any better than Ipswich frankly, how they expect to get promoted I have no idea. 

Bamford having a big impact for Leeds since his return. IMO those hoping to see Leeds fall away are way off the mark. I think they'll beat Sheffield Utd. 

Bit disappointing so far today. c'mon Bristol. Brentford have had two disallowed at 'Boro. Would still like to see 'Boro and .... ehhhh ... WBA drop points.

You can see Leeds winning. Then we could be trying to overtake them again Wednesday night after their 'easy' away game on Tuesday against Reading. 

All five below us are currently heading towards 3 points - so anything from here is a bonus

And on the positive side we also picked up three points so even if it is 3 points all round, it is still one less game for them to be able to catch up

• Like 1

Reading equalise - so now 13 points above the binners