Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

Buendia

Just what a find he was, not his best game last night but what a goal that was and he didn’t stop running his socks off, absolute pitbull of a player with class and vision. 

Our scouting network has been completely transformed. Him and Onel will worry a lot of defenders if we go up.

What I love about Emi is his tenacity. He is a fantastic footballer but he has that Tevez/Mascherano attitude of compensating for his size with determination, strength and aggression. Pitbull is exactly the word i would use. There was one point in the 1st half last night where he chased down about 5 players over 50 Yards - Sky were calling him a one man pressing game at that point 😂

• Like 3

Indeed superb energy and his all round game is fantastic. Great addition and development has been quick as has all our young players.

Great result last night, ground out a good 1-0 win over a decent team in poor conditions.

9 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

He must be close to getting an international call up if he maintains his firm.

Then we'll be fretting when he goes on International duty.... bu€€er!

In addition - and consider this given the season Norwich City have had...

City have not won a single league game without Buendia this term - he's missed 5 fixtures: DLLLD

He's also missed a game in each cup - they did at least beat Stevenage in August without him.

#ncfc https://t.co/qv2edSCUBV

Amazing stat really

We haven't won a game without him this season

Don't like the "pitbull" reference. Terrier yes, as this implies tenacity and never letting go, but pit bulls are actually soft dogs unless they have bad owners who teach them to be aggressive. 

I thought he was a bit ‘meh’ for large parts of the game last night - he did some good stuff but mixed with far too many silly fouls and he barely jogs back when he loses the ball.  I see the edp gave him 9/10, which IMO is ridiculous. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I thought he was a bit ‘meh’ for large parts of the game last night - he did some good stuff but mixed with far too many silly fouls and he barely jogs back when he loses the ball.  I see the edp gave him 9/10, which IMO is ridiculous. 

There wasn't a stand out  MoM for me, so for the best bit of quality and that chasing down in the 1st half....?

Actually in the first 20-25 mins, he wasted a free kick, got caught in possession a couple of times and had a couple of wasted passes. Nothing devastating, but he wasn't a 9/10

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

There wasn't a stand out  MoM for me

My thoughts as well. But that goal was worth 9/10 and the entrance money.

Can't argue with that KG, a real netbuster, that one. 

5 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Can't argue with that KG, a real netbuster, that one. 

He hit it so hard that the ball actually rebounded out of the net and back onto the pitch!

He is the type of player who can in one moment, make you want to cry tears of joy such is his talent and sizzling play, the next moment make you want to reload and set up the snipers rifle again. 

He is that edge of your seat player and I love that fact he is in our team!...………..Must recheck my sights again :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Red Rufus said:

He must be close to getting an international call up if he maintains his firm.

Argentina have got one or two decent players tbf.

But he is a very talented boy.