Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Swansea number 20

Below par performance from us but I thought that the Swansea number 20 (James?) was outstanding. 

I'm hoping to see Vrancic back on Wednesday in place of McLean 

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Wasn't he going to Leeds in January? Could have made the difference for them during the run in. 

yes the same who almost sign fro Leeds on deadline day.

rated as fastest Championship player.

we was lucky today and if Swansea was with Olson ,Lerroy Fer and McBurnie who knows...

No one gets promoted without some luck. I don't think we've necessarily had a huge amount but yes, we had a decent slice of it this evening. 

James might have looked fast but he delivered next to no end product. Pace isn't everything. We rode our luck at times tonight though. 

I thought Dyer had a good game for them and Routlidge, both getting on a bit now, presumably not able to manage the full 90 mins. Not sure they're worth £40K a week though.

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

James might have looked fast but he delivered next to no end product. Pace isn't everything. We rode our luck at times tonight though. 

Yep, had plenty of that over the years. Donowa and Forbes spring to mind.

Just now, Van wink said:

I thought Dyer had a good game for them and Routlidge, both getting on a bit now, presumably not able to manage the full 90 mins. Not sure they're worth £40K a week though.

I think there was one eye on the FA Cup with their substitutions?

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

I think there was one eye on the FA Cup with their substitutions?

Yes possibly

This thing about riding our luck - we certainly weren’t at our best, particularly in the first half, but they rarely looked like scoring and we created the better chances - if only managing one shot on target. Once it was 1-0 I thought there was only one likely outcome.  

Re: James, Leeds must be regretting not coming up with the £ to seal the deal - he might be one to try to poach if we go up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Swansea will be the Norwich of 2019-20 season.

Exactly what I was thinking. Swansea reminded me of us last season, a lot of possession but little end product . 

• Like 1

Leeds were offering £10m or so, £5-6m would be seen as being a bit cheeky. Unless Leeds don't get promoted of course... 

Andrea Radrizzani, the Leeds owner, had agreed a £1.5m loan fee with Swansea, with the obligation to sign the Wales international permanently for a further £7m if the club earn promotion to the Premier League. Further instalments would have taken the deal up to £10m.

Swansea were brilliant. Particularly first half. Our pressing couldn't get near them at times especially when playing out from the back.

Having said that, I can't recall them creating anything other than a few long shots. 2nd half they only looked like scoring from free kicks and corners.

Just missing that cutting edge but I fancy them next season.

He will go to a Premiership club next season for £15 million at least and cannot see Swansea being a threat next season given the ages of Fer, Dyer and Routledge