Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

U S Women's team legal action

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47502225

Good on 'em. I have always been of the opinion that women and men should be paid the same for doing the same job.  It's disgusting that female athletes are paid less than their male counterparts. What needs to happen is we need to abolish these out dated gender specific sports roles. Men and women need to be able to compete against each other in sports, with the best athletes being paid the most, as it is in every job. That way it's a level playing ground for everyone, no divisiveness on gender lines.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Nope. The women I work with get paid the same as I do for doing the same job. Why should it be any different in sport?

I'm taking it that you're not in the entertainment business, if Norwich Ladies played in front of 26,000 every other week I'd be inclined to agree. Unless you're saying that the men should take a pay cut to level it out, good luck with that. 

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I'm taking it that you're not in the entertainment business, if Norwich Ladies played in front of 26,000 every other week I'd be inclined to agree. Unless you're saying that the men should take a pay cut to level it out, good luck with that. 

The article has a paragraph that says:

The USSF admits to such purposeful gender discrimination even during times when the [women] earned more profit, played more games, won more games, earned more championships, and/or garnered higher television audiences."

I agree, if Norwich ladies played in front of 26,000 every week they should all be paid the same as Emi Buendia. Do they play in front of 26,000 each week?

2 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I agree, if Norwich ladies played in front of 26,000 every week they should all be paid the same as Emi Buendia. Do they play in front of 26,000 each week?

Didn't say every week, I said every other week, I'm not disagreeing with you but it has to make sense financially. 

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No. 

What next? Need some help remembering your name? 

So the Norwich City ladies don't play in front of the same crowds as the men's team, but you think they should be paid the same?

I remember the US ladies team complaining in the past that their men got more for losing in the group stage than they got for winning it. Turns out they got much more % wise for what the competition made through gates and sponsorship.

It's a different platform and has a stark contrast in quality from the mens game.

Reality is, if you're not making someone much money then your aren't going to be paid much money. 

Why should an employer be out of pocket to pay an employee more than than the employee Is making them? The business world can't operate that way and neither should football. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

It's a different platform and has a stark contrast in quality from the mens game.

Reality is, if you're not making someone much money then your aren't going to be paid much money. 

Why should an employer be out of pocket to pay an employee more than than the employee Is making them? The business world can't operate that way and neither should football. 

You're right CC - especially as football and business are now inextricably linked.

The days of the immensely successful women's teams (****, Kerr ladies etc) that were scandalously banned from playing are now almost 100 years behind us and rooted in the amateur game. That FA decision irretrievably damaged the chance of equality in football. 

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
Ha Ha Ha - The Pink 'un doesn't allow the word d!ck!

2 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47502225

Good on 'em. I have always been of the opinion that women and men should be paid the same for doing the same job.  It's disgusting that female athletes are paid less than their male counterparts. What needs to happen is we need to abolish these out dated gender specific sports roles. Men and women need to be able to compete against each other in sports, with the best athletes being paid the most, as it is in every job. That way it's a level playing ground for everyone, no divisiveness on gender lines.

Weather you or anyone else like or or not, women's football does not generate the same revenue as men's, therefore, there is less money to distribute to participants.

There is presumably also a difference between international match fees here and club salaries. Women’s football is big in the USA whereas until recently men’s has not been as big. I don’t even know what England players get as a match fee but suspect it’s not that significant a sum compared to their club wages.

if this snowballed into the club game then I think it would destroy the women’s game as clubs would just stop running their women’s teams. 

By that same logic every single footballer should paid the same, whether they play for Man City or Forest Green?

I wonder when a mediocre male tennis player will declare himself to be female & start entering women's tournaments? Can't be long now.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I wonder when a mediocre male tennis player will declare himself to be female & start entering women's tournaments? Can't be long now.

It's already happened, Renee Richards in the 1970's.

Interestingly, after retiring from tennis, Richards is quoted as saying "Having lived for the past 30 years, I know if I'd had surgery at the age of 22, and then at 24 went on the tour, no genetic woman in the world would have been able to come close to me. And so I've reconsidered my opinion (about being allowed to compete on the women's tour)."

It's happening in other sports. 

Fallon Foxx, a natal male, meted out disgraceful injuries to Tammika Brent's in MMA (men beating up women sound like your think IBT?). Rachel McKinnon has won a world title in a cycling track discipline despite still being male-bodied. Google Hannah Mouncey, Tiffany Abreu or Gabrielle Ludwig. Or on our own shores Verity Smith who plays women's Rugby League as a make and when asked how opponents reacted said "they're often surprised to see an opponent with a full beard". 

Your weird little fantasy of men and women competing together us happening. Thankfully lately high profile figures are fighting back against the woke brigade; Kelly Holmes, Sharon Davies, Martina Navratilova are all calling out the bull. Even Matthew Pinsent has joined the fight v insanity. 

So your mission of excluding women from sport may have to wait. 

If the women generated the same revenue as the men, then they should get the same remuneration as the men. If they don't, then the shouldn't. It's really that easy.

On 08/03/2019 at 22:14, Iwans Big Toe said:

What needs to happen is we need to abolish these out dated gender specific sports roles. Men and women need to be able to compete against each other in sports, with the best athletes being paid the most, as it is in every job. That way it's a level playing ground for everyone, no divisiveness on gender lines.

Yes, it would be great to have no female athletes winning anything, young girls don't need sporting role models...

On 08/03/2019 at 22:14, Iwans Big Toe said:

What needs to happen is we need to abolish these out dated gender specific sports roles. Men and women need to be able to compete against each other in sports, with the best athletes being paid the most, as it is in every job. That way it's a level playing ground for everyone, no divisiveness on gender lines.

And those outdated weight categories in boxing

Likewise any handicap in Golf

And wheelchair use in basketball, rugby etc

1 hour ago, Bill said:

And those outdated weight categories in boxing

Likewise any handicap in Golf

And wheelchair use in basketball, rugby etc

No reason why anyone should not compete in anything in any manner they wish. Getting paid for it is another matter.