Sign in to follow this  
mini me

Worthy Outers

Nice to see city win away, even if took me 18 months personally to witness an away win and at Crewe again! How times have changed!

My point is Where were all the Worthy outers? other than  a small goup to my left singing "someone elses Green N Yella army" , "C''mon lets be sackin you" & even chanting Worthys name (although this might have been ironic!and helped by a little liquid refreshment), along with some ''gallows type'' humour, with me included, there was very little else, even at 1-0 down!

You can make up your own opinion as to wether I''m a inner or outer, but I do like to try and remain adjective and see both sides, but considering the amount of retoric and polls  that is spouted recently on web sites and the press there was very little evidence of any mass vocal support for his sacking, dont forget this was not a vintage display from City and a couple of players still ''went missing'', and yes I have been to some of the more infamous away games this season.

I''m sure there were ''worthy outers'' there but realising that the whole is more important than the sum and so shew there support in a more positive way, and should be applauded along with every other City supporter who was there, cos I dont think many of us thought we were going to win!

I''m going to sheff Utd on Boxing day, that will be a test of whatever ''the Faith'' is! Will the ''majority'' of Worthy outers be there ? Doubt it somehow.

There is a big difference between a Fan and a  Supporter. Which one are you?

I only support two teams...........................................Norwich and anyone playing ip"£$ch

KevinBaldero - please do NOT patronise or insult the ''Worthy Outers'' on this Board with this ''Are You A Real Supporter Or Not?'' crap (or I''ll start insulting you about your spelling!)

I pay a shed-load of money for season tickets for me and my family, so I am as much of a supporter as you. However, that does not mean that I can''t criticise our idiot of a manager or the awful performances that the team is putting in under his stewardship.

Incidentally, I notice that you only have a couple of dozen posts compared to my hundreds. Does that make what I post more important or correct than your postings? Of course not, so don''t apply the same flawed logic with regard to opinion (viz., Games Attended = Greater Knowledge / More Correct Opinion). 

And, yes, i will be going to the matches over the holiday. I hope that i don''t bump into you. 

[quote user="KevinBoldero"]

There is a big difference between a Fan and a  Supporter. Which one are you?

[/quote]

I''m a supporter. You are just pathetic! Sorry, but it''s true!

Oh dear mini, whats wrong with you ? Why do you assume that with all of the worthy out polls there would be some sort of mass demo. It may have missed your attention, but irrespective of whether you are pro/anti, everyone has a common factor - we want to see the team get three points. Had we have lost I''m sure you would have seen far more at the final whistle.

someone i work with went to the game... he informed me at work today that after the game, despite the win, there were Worthington out chants from the Norwich fans in some areas....

seems to me that the point is being forced even more! this might make the board think.

jas:)

mini would presumably have all of us in mass demos, hurling abuse at Worthy and walking out early. While we may all differ on the solution to our current problems at least we try hard to remain positive for the players'' sake when attending matches. Surely its better to rant and rave on this Board than in Worthy''s face during a game?

I voted for Worthy Out in a recent poll, I went to Crewe, I didn''t chant Worthy Out at the game.  It''s quite simple, I choose to leave my critisims on this forum.  Just because people want Worthy Out does not mean they go to a game just to boo the whole way through.

I do despair that a small group of people on this message board, led by someone who doesn''t go to City games and openly supports whoever the opposition is, can have such influence over the local media. By posting endless anti-Worthy rants they whip up hysteria and point to flawed opinion polls as evidence that the vast majority of fans want Worthy out and are prepared to go to almost any lengths to achieve it. It''s the modern way of getting your name in print I suppose.

And yet, when given an opportunity at the AGM none of them speak up. Outside the ground after home games there are 10-20 people calling for Worthy''s head. At home games, and more importantly at away games, again the protests are seen to be a small minority of fans.

So no-one is speaking up in any numbers, or boycotting games, and yet the Evening News poll suggests 1000s are desperate for change. Quite right in my opinion that the club, especially the Board, give the approriate weight to their views....

Truned a corner ... how many times do we have hear this..  But lets not get carried away... we had a good win at Brighton, only to go on and pick up 1pt of the next 12. So shouts of " turning a corner" and the "Fight starts Here" are all a little premature. We have 3 more games left of this year. two at home and away to Sheff Utd. If this up turn in fortunes is what some would have us believe, then 3 points on Saturday at home to Southampton are a must and 3 against Burnley on the 28th. I don''t think that we will gain anything at Bramal Lane on Boxing Day .. so I am looking at 6 points from the next 9.

Just to add this there .... However there are still more very worrying points to consider with the Transfer window soon to open. Already the clubs are said to lining up with bids for Ashton, our manager(loosely) has virtually set Ashton on the auctioneers block for a bidding war. The reason behind this I fail to see, when a statement somewhere along the lines Ashton is NOT for sale at any price.. I am sure would have eased the minds of already frustrated, angry and disillusioned fans.
Whether worthy has been told to he has to sell to buy, I can only guess at, but why would a manager appear to offer his prize asset in a bidding war, when a few shorth months ago. he procaliamed he wanted to build the team around Ashton and other young stars. 
suppose the next few weeks will reveal all... but it is nothing that City fans can actually take great heart from, because there is no getting away from the fact.. we are at a mega important part of recent history for the club.. and I am very, very fearful of the future left in this mans hands.

so a worthy outer have been for 12 months now and will continue to be so

Ama, I am of the WO persuasion but I really don''t do the 400 mile round trip to every home just to boo and chant "Worthy Out".  I do however use this message board to vent those feeling, that may be hypocritical but I don''t really fancy the idea of spending all that time in the car just to boo, protest and be negative when I get to Carrow Road.  I travel to games like Crewe to support my team and use poll''s like that in the Evening News to voice my opinion that Worthy should leave. 

I would expect though that come May, if City are not in play off spot then a lot more supporters will be looking for Worthy to leave and they will be a lot more vocal.  Especially after he said that there would be no excuse for not being promoted................... I''m expecting lots of excuses come May.

[quote]

I only support two teams...........................................Norwich and anyone playing ip"£$ch

[/quote]

does that mean, should ippo play ippo reserves (or some other ippo team such as ippo wonderous) that you support the scum? [:O]