Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Swansea*****

We've been Norwich'd without the end product. 

Some real flat performances out there. I think we need to get on top of possession, therefore Vrancic and Leitner should be considered.... For Steipermann and Mclean I think. 

We need Hernandez to lift his game. He could be the difference here. 

No energy and too many players just expecting things to happen rather than making them happen. 

Our passing game has seen us get to the top. trouble is with a passing game, if its a bit off then it breaks down in the wrong parts of the pitch. Too many times we have given Swansea the ball in our own half.

I'm confident a half time talking to will see us emerge with it sorted.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Our passing game has seen us get to the top. trouble is with a passing game, if its a bit off then it breaks down in the wrong parts of the pitch. Too many times we have given Swansea the ball in our own half.

I'm confident a half time talking to will see us emerge with it sorted.

They need a rocket for sure. I reckon we will hear later what Daniel Farke thought about that.

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

No need to panic, I'll take a scrappy 1-0, it's all about the points. 

This. We’ve had worse scores at half time and come through. Swansea aren’t bad but they haven’t had a really good chance (unless it was in the first ten minutes which I missed).  

Agree with Cornish Sam about the rain too. 

Edited by Nuff Said
Predictive text!

Just now, splendidrush said:

No need to panic, I'll take a scrappy 1-0, it's all about the points. 

Absolutely. And hopefully Farke gets this across to the players. A few signs of frustration from Buendia and Hernandez, but it's OK. If we re-kindle the desire we'll win this. Swansea look good, but are playing with no pressure or expectation. 

We've been a bit sloppy with passing in the past few games and against lesser opposition you get away with it. It looks as if Swansea are a much better team than earlier in the season and are playing like we were earlier in the season. It looks to me as if we need Leitner on so we get a bit of control in midfield.

Having said that, we've been under the cosh in a few games and come through it, with good goals.  Just need to get a bit of momentum going.

5 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

We've been Norwich'd without the end product. 

Some real flat performances out there. I think we need to get on top of possession, therefore Vrancic and Leitner should be considered.... For Steipermann and Mclean I think. 

We need Hernandez to lift his game. He could be the difference here. 

Just said the same to my kids. Vrancic and Leitner time.

This is exactly the game that DF was anticipating. Just be patient. Two positives, we haven't conceded from all those corners, and we didn't concede in the last minute before half time 👍

Fine margins. Our game is played on a razor's edge & we're falling off it tonight. Hopefully will click into gear 2nd half (love a mixed metaphor me!).

Agree Westy. We must be patient. Cannot see us produce another half as poor as that (yet credit to Swansea for that). You're right, despite that performance it's 0-0.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I'm here at the match and would take a point now. We have been second best.

Surely you've spent most of that half hiding behind your son Ricky? .............